Marketplace - non-Mac-related items

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by Duff-Man, Sep 14, 2005.

1. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says....I posted about this in one of the other marketplace threads here but looking again this evening I thing it perhaps requires a little more attention. I see we now have ads placed in our Marketplace for an automobile and a sports jersey. Of course, this is not against the rules, but at least as far as I am concerned is against the "spirit" of the boards here.

So I will suggest again....how about a sub-forum in the Marketplace for non-Mac items....if it isn't a Mac or does not work on/with a Mac then it goes in there....oh yeah!

2. killuminati macrumors 68020

killuminati

3. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

The reason we don't make a specific forum for the non-Mac items is that it would make it look like we are encouraging such sale items by providing a home for them. In the same way, we have a Games forums mostly for Mac games and console games, but it can be used for Windows games too and we don't want to create a Windows Games forum. Even the Help forum works that way. Windows or Linux questions by MacRumors members show up there occasionally, and that's OK.