Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jefhatfield

Retired
Original poster
Jul 9, 2000
how come blakespot and me are the only posters from the original days of the year 2000?

where is anonymous poster, anonymous coward, spikey, john123, monkeybusiness, kela (i saw her once this week), newtonman, pretendpcuser, thlaylilthefierce, and others from 2000 and the earlier parts of 2001?

are blakespot and me ones who have nothing better to do?:D

hey, i hit 1,000 and it took me two to three times longer than the other three...i must be slipping

4th to hit the big mark...no medal though...i should have been canadian ;)

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Re: married, old, and very lonely

Originally posted by jefhatfield
4th to hit the big mark...no medal though...i should have been canadian ;) [/B]
for 4th you don't even get flowers, I think.

Congrats on M!

I got my 500 today also.

jefhatfield

Retired
Original poster
Jul 9, 2000
cool!

do you live near duke u.?

back in my pre-techie days, i wanted to get their online mba, but it was 75 dollhairs, too much for me in post dot.bomb silicon valley

i can't even afford toilet paper...i owe, i owe, so off to the credit card offers i go:eek:

jefhatfield

Retired
Original poster
Jul 9, 2000
that's right, duke is in nc

georgetown is in dc

i get everything mixed up with b-ball and the march madness thing

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
Congrats to jefhatfield on 1000!!! :p

- the guy who should have gotten it before anyone else...

Congrats to dukestreet on 500!!! :p

so sorry to hear about the 2000 thing...like I've said before....I didn't register till January 2001....but it's close...

jefhatfield

Retired
Original poster
Jul 9, 2000
Originally posted by eyelikeart
Congrats to jefhatfield on 1000!!! :p

- the guy who should have gotten it before anyone else...

Congrats to dukestreet on 500!!! :p

so sorry to hear about the 2000 thing...like I've said before....I didn't register till January 2001....but it's close...

wow thanks!:D

mac15

macrumors 68040
Dec 29, 2001
we need more old school or should I say classic
we need moe jethatfields
Bring on the oldies or the vintage mac user:D

Taft

macrumors 65816
Jan 31, 2002
Chicago
There are a lot of young punks here--myself included. But I think its a pretty good bunch. This is my favorite place on the web to hang out and its mostly because I like the people here so much. Both the new and old members seem cool to me.

Props go out to those of you who started the phenominon that is MacRumors. This is the web site that I'd been looking for all those years.

Matthew

jefhatfield

Retired
Original poster
Jul 9, 2000
Originally posted by mac15
we need more old school or should I say classic
we need moe jethatfields
Bring on the oldies or the vintage mac user:D

gee thanks, but it is the young ones who have the IT talent...amazing...no grey heads in the silicon valley unless they are the business types who are on the operations side

being 4 decades old is good sometimes, but like buffsldr points out, i sometimes get preachy and condescending...kind of like those parent stories of walking thru snow for five miles to get a soda...he he

but i did go thru college handwriting and typing my papers out because computers were only used by science majors doing something big

mcrain

macrumors 68000
Feb 8, 2002
Illinois
I'm old enough to remember vividly the first time I saw the mac/mouse combo. We all had Apple II, and Apple IIe's, and we heard they had the new mac at the store one little town over, and so my friend's parents rounded us all up, and I remember being so amazed that you could make circles with the mouse.

That was the first time I was ever completely blown away by what a new computer could do as compared to what our old computers could do.

To this day, I don't think there has been an advance or change quite so extraordinary.

As for these boards, I'm new and I really appreciate the advice and knowledge of those who are longer in tooth and greyer of hair (even if they are a decade or so younger in human years).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.