Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jefhatfield

Retired
Jul 9, 2000
~Shard~ said:
Exactly. ;)

Really? Was this the case? I had never heard officially that she was ultimately supposed to be a replacement for Donald's show - interesting. That boardroom scene you describe would have been cool to see - where did you hear about that?

mostly blogs, rumor, and fan sites listed in the first few pages of a google search

nbc claims that martha stewart apprentice was a one season deal and that's all (wikipedia)

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
jefhatfield said:
nbc claims that martha stewart apprentice was a one season deal and that's all (wikipedia)

I doubt that. ;) If it would have been successful, I can't see NBC wanting to axe the show anyway... ;)

jefhatfield

Retired
Jul 9, 2000
~Shard~ said:
I doubt that. ;) If it would have been successful, I can't see NBC wanting to axe the show anyway... ;)

it could have been nbc's damage control having donald's successor fail...donald blames martha's bad showing for his own apprentice show going down in viewership, but his show was losing viewership more than a year before martha's show debut

people are getting tired of the apprentice concept the way they have of survivor or the surreal life

the way to keep reality tv alive is to come up with different concepts all the time, with different people and celebs, since no reality tv show is going to have a run like the tonight show or frasier

ok, here's one...the apprentice: apple inc

steve jobs can be, if what i have heard and read is true, as difficult as martha and as tough minded as donald...ok, he's not that bad, but he has enough of an edge to him that he would be great for a third apprentice show

also, an apprentice can be made using jobs and is pixar empire

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
jefhatfield said:
ok, here's one...the apprentice: apple inc

steve jobs can be, if what i have heard and read is true, as difficult as martha and as tough minded as donald...ok, he's not that bad, but he has enough of an edge to him that he would be great for a third apprentice show

also, an apprentice can be made using jobs and is pixar empire

Nice one! Maybe the winner gets the CEO job of Pixar. :eek: ;)

I was going to say I doubt Jobs would do it since he's so busy nowadays, but theen I realized that Trump isn't exactly sitting around doing nothing himself.. o ;)

gwuMACaddict

macrumors 68040
Apr 21, 2003
washington dc
still can't believe that jim is left... yikes! not that i like the other two any better...

i miss the one with the southern twang- she was bossy, but what a cutie:D

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
gwuMACaddict said:
still can't believe that jim is left... yikes! not that i like the other two any better...

So, are we agreed that it's between Bethany and Dawna? <shudder> Or will they both disgust Martha so much that she'll hire Jim by default? :eek: ;)

jefhatfield

Retired
Jul 9, 2000
~Shard~ said:
So, are we agreed that it's between Bethany and Dawna? <shudder> Or will they both disgust Martha so much that she'll hire Jim by default? :eek: ;)

no way in the universe

when i first saw jim partway through this series, he was a 1 or 2 on a scale of 1 through 10, but he has upped his stock with me and he's at least a 3 ;)

bethenny and dawna are at least 5's, howie and ryan, and perhaps marcela, were better than the two remaining women...and some of the earlier contestants who were kicked off earlier might have been better but i didn't see those shows

but it seems almost unanimous that jim is the least liked here...he he...kind of like that richard hatch guy from the first season of survivor, who went on to win a million dollars...and he doesn't even have to work for anybody for a year

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
jefhatfield said:
no way in the universe

when i first saw jim partway through this series, he was a 1 or 2 on a scale of 1 through 10, but he has upped his stock with me and he's at least a 3 ;)

bethenny and dawna are at least 5's, howie and ryan, and perhaps marcela, were better than the two remaining women...and some of the earlier contestants who were kicked off earlier might have been better but i didn't see those shows

but it seems almost unanimous that jim is the least liked here...he he...kind of like that richard hatch guy from the first season of survivor, who went on to win a million dollars...and he doesn't even have to work for anybody for a year

Agreed. If Jim wins I'll eat my shoe - after I recover from the initial heart attack. ;)

Deepdale

macrumors 68000
May 4, 2005
New York
~Shard~ said:
Agreed. If Jim wins I'll eat my shoe - after I recover from the initial heart attack. ;)

In the terribly unlikely event Jim wins, I would eat two of those humongous ostrich eggs occasionally featured as one of the delectable entrees on that most delightful show "Fear Factor."

Deepdale

macrumors 68000
May 4, 2005
New York
~Shard~ said:
So, are we agreed that it's between Bethany and Dawna? Or will they both disgust Martha so much that she'll hire Jim by default? ;)

Before Martha permits frustration and disgust to set-in resulting in her selecting nutjob Jim by default, she would first have to fail a competency test administered by a team of psychiatrists, and that would be followed by her allowing Charles Koppelman to finally light that ubiquitous cigar of his and blow stinking smoke in her face for an hour non-stop.

This upcoming 2-hour finale is very predictable in the sense that it has to be either Bethenny or Dawna. It will be enjoyable, however, to see Jim respond during next Wednesday's show with at least one wacko answer while being peppered with questions by Martha's team of executives.

Typical query from female exec: "Jim, Martha expects a high degree of performance from all those who work for her ... exactly why do you want to be part of the team here at MSLO?"

Jimbo: "There are many ways in which I can allow my creativity to flourish, not the least of which would be to imagine you naked while pouring some of Marcela's salad dressing all over you while we have lunch at Stu Leonard's. Boy, I can't wait to start!"

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
Deepdale said:
Before Martha permits frustration and disgust to set-in resulting in her selecting nutjob Jim by default, she would first have to fail a competency test administered by a team of psychiatrists, and that would be followed by her allowing Charles Koppelman to finally light that ubiquitous cigar of his and blow stinking smoke in her face for an hour non-stop.

This upcoming 2-hour finale is very predictable in the sense that it has to be either Bethenny or Dawna. It will be enjoyable, however, to see Jim respond during next Wednesday's show with at least one wacko answer while being peppered with questions by Martha's team of executives.

Typical query from female exec: "Jim, Martha expects a high degree of performance from all those who work for her ... exactly why do you want to be part of the team here at MSLO?"

Jimbo: "There are many ways in which I can allow my creativity to flourish, not the least of which would be to imagine you naked while pouring some of Marcela's salad dressing all over you while we have lunch at Stu Leonard's. Boy, I can't wait to start!"

Yes, it will be indeed interesting to see if Jim goes down in flames, how angry he gets, how much career-suicide he commits, etc. :cool:

gwuMACaddict

macrumors 68040
Apr 21, 2003
washington dc
~Shard~ said:

i think they all suck...

wish the show was getting better ratings though, i do enjoy watching martha- think she's a class act...

jefhatfield

Retired
Jul 9, 2000
jim is gone, kind of...he's been eliminated but we have to see his antics as he is on bethenny's team

bethenny can't think on her feet at the appropriate moments and jim will probably goof off for some time, and then come up with a saving strategy in the end for her

dawna is much more suitable for martha so far in this last challenge methodically getting it all together, but will she have any creativity?

i don't really have a preference for which team wins, but it will be fun to see how it all comes down next week

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
jefhatfield said:
jim is gone, kind of...he's been eliminated but we have to see his antics as he is on bethenny's team

bethenny can't think on her feet at the appropriate moments and jim will probably goof off for some time, and then come up with a saving strategy in the end for her

dawna is much more suitable for martha so far in this last challenge methodically getting it all together, but will she have any creativity?

i don't really have a preference for which team wins, but it will be fun to see how it all comes down next week

I agree - I can't say I'm really cheering for either remaining candidiate, as I don't think either Bethenny or Dawna are extrodinary candidates. But it will be interesting to see who pulls it off, and how Bethenny and Jim get along, and all that. I think the Apprentice finale tonight however will entertain me more than next week's.... :cool:

jefhatfield

Retired
Jul 9, 2000
~Shard~ said:
I agree - I can't say I'm really cheering for either remaining candidiate, as I don't think either Bethenny or Dawna are extrodinary candidates. But it will be interesting to see who pulls it off, and how Bethenny and Jim get along, and all that. I think the Apprentice finale tonight however will entertain me more than next week's.... :cool:

i didn't follow the apprentice (donald) in any form after the first two seasons...in season two i thought the street smart people would wipe out the book smart people...but there was no wholesale wipeout that way

i guessed that based on the fact that in season one, a self made entrepreneur beat out a harvard mba and donald himself was largely self taught, according to him, fully skilled in the art of the deal, by age 12 by watching his dad, and his four year college experience was just doing time hearing all the professors get it wrong...donald's dad was a multimillionaire so he was the real teacher

EDIT: so the uber educated (maybe too educated) guy wins on trump's show, but that's still better than hiring a teenage girl :) ;)

in martha's show, a natural foods chef (bethenny) beat out all the lawyers and successful business tycoons, and could upset dawna, the accountant turned magazine publisher...but the previews seem to make bethenny look really bad and she ended last night's show clueless

of course, every preview of "next weeks" show in the season made jim to look like he was going to get kicked off and i have the suspicion now that martha kept jim on for ratings...though it didn't work but it probably was better than if jim wasn't on the show...we all were here worldwide waiting for jim to get kicked off and he deserved to get booted in the first half of the season, maybe in the first three episodes ;)

Flowbee

macrumors 68030
Dec 27, 2002
Alameda, CA
I travelled with the Big Apple Circus for 3 years... it's fun to see old friends on the teevee. Can't wait to see how the charity event turns out (I'm sure the circus part of it will be just fine... they're pros).

jefhatfield

Retired
Jul 9, 2000
Flowbee said:
I travelled with the Big Apple Circus for 3 years... it's fun to see old friends on the teevee. Can't wait to see how the charity event turns out (I'm sure the circus part of it will be just fine... they're pros).

if they can improvise, then they can bail bethenny out ;)

Deepdale

macrumors 68000
May 4, 2005
New York
The finale was initially set for two hours, but now it seems to have been scaled back to an hour. Even the programming executives are ready to put this one out to pasture.

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
Deepdale said:
The finale was initially set for two hours, but now it seems to have been scaled back to an hour. Even the programming executives are ready to put this one out to pasture.

Definitely appears that way. This is pretty much the opposite of the other Apprentice - 2 excellent candidates, both worthy of the job, fighting it out. In this case, if I were Martha, I don't know which one I would hire, they're both less than stellar and netier deserves the job in my opinion.

In a recent Business Week I read how Martha herself doesn't even like the show or any of the candidates. What does that tell you?

Deepdale

macrumors 68000
May 4, 2005
New York
~Shard~ said:
... In a recent Business Week I read how Martha herself doesn't even like the show or any of the candidates. What does that tell you?

Maybe Martha should pull a shocker and dismiss both Dawna and Bethenny and give the job to Jim. At least that way the high priestess of all things domestic would experience pain in a similar way to what viewers have had to endure over the last few months.

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
Deepdale said:
Maybe Martha should pull a shocker and dismiss both Dawna and Bethenny and give the job to Jim. At least that way the high priestess of all things domestic would experience pain in a similar way to what viewers have had to endure over the last few months.

Interesting twist - there is no Apprentice. Both of you, go home, neither of you "fit in". :eek: ;)

Deepdale

macrumors 68000
May 4, 2005
New York
~Shard~ said:
Interesting twist - there is no Apprentice. Both of you, go home, neither of you "fit in".

As Jesse Jackson would say, "Let's keep hope alive." :)

Did you like the ending on Trump's Apprentice?

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
Deepdale said:
Did you like the ending on Trump's Apprentice?

I thought it was bastardly of Randal not to get Rebecca hired as well when Trump asked him, but I didn't see it as an arrogance thing - he stood up and spoke his mind - "there should ohly be one Apprentice" - fair enough, it was his night, and he didn't want to share it. I respect that. I betcha Trump will hire her anyway... ;)

Yeah, I enjoyed it. :cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.