Martha Stewert

Discussion in 'Community' started by icetraxxg5, Jun 27, 2002.

1. icetraxxg5 macrumors 6502

Everyone probably knows that she did some illegal insider trading.

What do you think should happen to her for what she did?

2. icetraxxg5 thread starter macrumors 6502

After hearing what she did to her family and such I think she should be put in jail. :eek:

3. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

hmmmmmm... a fitting punishment for M. $tewert?? How about give her family 50% of all her current holdings/money, as well as over the next 20 years. Give 30% back to the people that she f*cked over with her 'inside trading' and give 10% to charity (of the judges choosing). That will leave her with 10% to live on... she should be able to work with that. :D

4. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Backtothemac

Yea, 10% would leave her with 80 million. I think she could live on that. She should have here A$$ locked up. That is one of the biggest problems in this country. If you have a name, you get off, while the no bodies get the maximum. It sucks.

5. krossfyter macrumors 601

krossfyter

she should be taught about whats good art in the first place. arrogant woman got caught. i have no sympathy for those kind of people.

6. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Call her guilty and make her cough up the ill-gotten gains. Since the stock only dived $5 the next day when the info became public - she should be sacked for $20,000 on the 4,000 shares she sold.

Triple it for insider trading and the fine and promise never to do it again (usual punishment) and it's still less than $150,000.

Let the lawyers in to divide up the money and send it to the injured shareholders, and the resulting legal and political probes into the insider trading activities. And I'm sure it'll probably cost over $5 million in legal expenses to send $60,000 back to the shareholders.

7. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Backtothemac

Yea, but the holdings in her company have lost 200 million this week. That should be a fittin punishment. Screw corporate America as much as possible. Believe me, they will screw you sooner or later.

8. 3rdpath macrumors 68000

3rdpath

2nd star on the right and straight till morning
    first, her cell must be a mishmash of plaids and stripes-all in 1970's colors...avacado green and sunburst orange.

lots of shag carpet in robin's egg blue.

mismatched towels with other people's monograms-and none of them the same size so they can't be neatly stacked.

nothing but canned food for meals-spaghetti o's, spam and deviled ham. mmm, mmmm.

and a closed circuit tv showing live feeds from all of her homes now that they've been turned into homeless shelters.

and a jumpsuit with the biggest "non-slimming" stripes you've ever seen.
    oh, and it says "smarty-pants" on the back.

9. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Speaking of that, here's what Sheriff Joe Arpaio can offer her in Arizona:

10. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

Now, THAT is what prison SHOULD be like. Make it a deterrent to crime, not alternate housing, or a country club.

11. FelixDerKater macrumors 68000

FelixDerKater

Hmmm...

Wasn't the trade something to do with a cancer drug? All of the profits she made from the trade should be taken from her and put into cancer research. I think that should be fair.