Marvel Ultimate Alliance : Wii or 360

Discussion in 'Games' started by LastLine, Dec 29, 2006.

1. LastLine macrumors 65816

So.... want the game but not sure whether to get it on the Wii or the 360. Anyone got any opinions either way? Love both machines but not sure if either one features any special features?

2. mcarvin macrumors regular

My friends at work were telling me about the button combos for doing special powers on the 360. I told them that the Wii version specials were used by holding the trigger and either shaking or waving the wiimote. So much easier and let me focus on what was going on rather than hitting the right buttons.

It looks like an XBox (not 360) level of graphics, but the controls make it so much fun. Also, I'm on my second playthrough and haven't found any glitches aside from one time where the camera didn't readjust after turning a corner.

I'm going to borrow the 360 version next week so I can do a comparison. Right now, I'd say Wii.

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I'd say 360 for the graphics and the fact that the whole shaking of the wiimote to get your special powers seems kind of confusing and too much work for my liking.

4. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

just look at the reviews or the ign head to head, taking in all the factors the 360 version is the best of the bunch so it's a no brainer.

5. Vster macrumors 6502

I had the Wii version and it was ok. First they really skimped on the graphics. I'd say the backgrounds are nice but the characters look like PSP quality. The nunchuk controls the camera so when I was just relaxing on the couch my hand would naturally "roll in" and the camera would start to spin like crazy. I got really nauseous :eek: . Anyway, I traded it in and got the 360 version the graphics are way better and you can play co-op games over Xbox live which is also really fun.

My opinions are based on my Wii with component cables and my 360 with VGA cables, both on the same HDTV. I'd say if you don't have an HD set and are using the composite cables the Wii characters may blend better, but they looked really blocky to me.

Here is a comparison video that compares the 360, PS3 and Wii versions.

Marvel Ultimate Alliance: 360 vs. PS3 vs. Wii

6. steelfist macrumors 6502a

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=15400&type=mov&pl=game

here's a comparason of the graphics of the 3 consoles, the xbox 360 and ps3 dosen't have much difference, maybe in color and a bit of contrast. dosen't mean that the playstation 3 and the xbox 360 are exactally just as fast ;)

now, the nintendo wii has the biggest difference in graphics, but dosen't seem to bother many people.

oh, here's a normal version, the link above is the high-definition version

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=15400&type=mov&pl=game

7. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

I've played it on the original Xbox and I'd say that a standard controller is the way to go for this one. HD graphics are a bonus, too. Go with the 360.

8. Chone macrumors 65816

Chone

360 is the way to go definitely, the Wii is not built for these kind of games.

9. SpankyPenzaanz macrumors 6502a

SpankyPenzaanz

i had the 360 version but it felt like lifeless version of xmen legends 1&2 which I thought did a better job with the characters and character leveling. legends also had a better more rpg-esque inventory mangament system whereas the alliance focuses more on the beat-em-up aspect. Playing it on the hardest difficulty i thought that alliance was still to easy as certain combinations would just blow through levels at least xmen you were almost forced to use character to their strntgh and a certain teamwork was necesary

10. mcarvin macrumors regular

It's far far less confusing than you'd imagine because they mapped the controls intuitively (except for selecting the Extreme attack). Area attacks are B+raise the remote, ranged attacks are B+swing it left or right.

It's just fun on the Wii, but I can see where some of the guys on here are coming from. I do wish the Wii version had online multiplayer, but that's not happening.

11. mwsh2000 macrumors newbie

I've only played the Wii version, and I didn't like it much. It seems to me like the developer (Activision, I think...) didn't put much effort into making the game special for the Wii, and it just seemed like they were trying to cram a square peg in a round hole when it came to the controls. I found myself wishing I could play it with a normal controller. It could be that I just needed to get used to the controls (as was the case for Splinter Cell : Double Agent on the Wii), but I just got bored and stopped playing.

12. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

I play the Wii and 360 one both on an SDTV, the 360 was better looking but not all that much.

However the Wiis controls seemed tacked on for it and didn't flow with the game, while 360 did. If I was going to buy it I'd get the 360 one

13. Mac'Mo macrumors 6502a

Mac'Mo

im a big fan of nintendo but types of games like MUA you really need the classic controller so get the 360

14. ChronicX macrumors newbie

i dont know what you guys are going on about the confusing controls and game play, i find that the game on the wii is actually quite fun, its really simple, and apparently from what ive heard alot easier to play on the wii and imo alot funner the only down side is the camera being on the nunchuk, coz when i relax the camera goes crazy, oh and internet play. If your going for graphics and looks then deffinatly go for 360

15. phungy macrumors 68020

phungy

I played it on the PS2 and it was addicting. I read that there are more unlockables for the 360, didn't read anything about the Wii though.

I haven't played on the Wii yet but I'd probably buy it for the 360.

16. kainjow Moderator emeritus

kainjow

This was the first game I bought for my Wii. But before I got the component cables, it was hard to read the text and it wasn't very clear (27" HDTV). Then I got the component cables, and it makes an incredible difference. The graphics are very good and the text is readable :). Very fun game.

17. faustfire macrumors 6502a

faustfire

Overall, I think this game just sucks on any platform.

18. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

It's mindless fun with a couple of friends.

19. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

While the Wii has the advantage of not having to memorize combos, it's really touchy. You can mis-gesture easily, and since the nunchuck's tilt controls the camera sometimes resting your hand will send the camera spinning (ugly in four-player mode).

I've only played the Wii version but I think I'd take 360 for better graphics + online play.

20. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

Xbox 360

Graphic, online most of all I like the controls MORE on Xbox 360 then Wii. Wii's fell very forced