Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yaboze

macrumors 6502a
May 31, 2007
The Garden State
I need to clarify. Marvis is great! No issues. The crashing was with Vox music player (a nice player though) and I'm just frustrated with Apple on their Music app. People want Artists>Albums>Album Songs or at least to organize things that way.

Here is why....

I use my iPhone 6 128GB in the car for my music. Since the iPod is now defunct, I have switched to this method with Bluetooth. It works well. But when I am driving, the Apple Music player is layed out so poorly, it's just not great for one handed use. I personally want to use one hand to scroll to the Artist, see a list of albums alphabetically (or an option for chronological) and pick it, THEN see the songs.

Reactions: Aditya Rajveer

Aditya Rajveer

macrumors regular
Jun 2, 2015
Gujarat, India
I need to clarify. Marvis is great! No issues. The crashing was with Vox music player (a nice player though) and I'm just frustrated with Apple on their Music app. People want Artists>Albums>Album Songs or at least to organize things that way.

Here is why....

I use my iPhone 6 128GB in the car for my music. Since the iPod is now defunct, I have switched to this method with Bluetooth. It works well. But when I am driving, the Apple Music player is layed out so poorly, it's just not great for one handed use. I personally want to use one hand to scroll to the Artist, see a list of albums alphabetically (or an option for chronological) and pick it, THEN see the songs.

Thank god, Marvis doesn't crash for you. I've only got 1 report in App Store Review. But No way to Reproduce it. Marvis is Working Fine for everyone else.

I just wish people understand that there is no way to Contact App Store Reviewers, They're suggested to contact me from Marvis support, if they're facing an issue.

You don't prefer Landscape view while listening to Music in Car?? Marvis is going to add a Revolutionary Landscape View in v2.0.

elfary

macrumors regular
Sep 22, 2012
A few folks from my forum have already grabbed Marvis and they are quite happy. And it's with current version...things look good for version 2.0

Looking forward to 2.0.

I've only got a moment to chime in, but I'm a big fan of Marvis's portrait mode aesthetic and hope it isn't significantly changed. I understand the desire to avoid clutter but not only do I like the app's visual touches, but I like its visual balance of form and function.

I'm also a fan of having the artist name in the song list since there are some songs I have many versions of (covers, live, demo, etc.) and it's handy to have that info.

Aditya Rajveer

macrumors regular
Jun 2, 2015
Gujarat, India
Looking forward to 2.0.

I've only got a moment to chime in, but I'm a big fan of Marvis's portrait mode aesthetic and hope it isn't significantly changed. I understand the desire to avoid clutter but not only do I like the app's visual touches, but I like its visual balance of form and function.

I'm also a fan of having the artist name in the song list since there are some songs I have many versions of (covers, live, demo, etc.) and it's handy to have that info.

Nothing is significantly changed. It just gets better.

I've added artist name for people like you and me, but I also understand that it's redundant if it's same as Album Artist. I'm gonna hide it if it's same as Album Artist.

I've almost completed work on iPad Landscape as well, I've still got some time, I'll add a few more things. I remember your requests IronWaffle, I'll try to add them now. I've got a great Idea about that.

Last edited:
Reactions: IronWaffle

elfary

macrumors regular
Sep 22, 2012
BTW readability improves dramatically when translucency is kept to a minimum. Hence solid background might work very good...white/black to match iPhone color would be gorgeus.

6af35e59491459aacc27fb358729a8e2.jpg

Aditya Rajveer

macrumors regular
Jun 2, 2015
Gujarat, India
BTW readability improves dramatically when translucency is kept to a minimum. Hence solid background might work very good...white/black to match iPhone color would be gorgeus.

6af35e59491459aacc27fb358729a8e2.jpg

That's the reason I asked you to choose a dark background Image. Custom Background images are supported in v2.0. I hope they help you.

hblfzHH.png

Last edited:

Yaboze

macrumors 6502a
May 31, 2007
The Garden State
It's easier (for me) to use portrait mode when using one hand. I even set the grid to 2 so I can easily tap either side and select the album I want. Tapping the artist again retracts the albums, but it slides up a bit to the top (when it retracts), so sometimes it's hard to get to. Minor quibbles. Great app!

Aditya Rajveer

macrumors regular
Jun 2, 2015
Gujarat, India
It's easier (for me) to use portrait mode when using one hand. I even set the grid to 2 so I can easily tap either side and select the album I want. Tapping the artist again retracts the albums, but it slides up a bit to the top (when it retracts), so sometimes it's hard to get to. Minor quibbles. Great app!

I'm not very good at english, but you mean to say close an already open album, by saying Retract, right?

You can tap the empty space to close selected albums as well.

Aditya Rajveer

macrumors regular
Jun 2, 2015
Gujarat, India
Sure they will help. Specially if there's a white them to match iOS and the color of my iPhone.

White Images won't do it. There is a layer of dark blur between the image and Top View. And to support White Theme, The Fonts also have to be changed to Black. So certainly White theme won't be possible in v2.0. But to improve upon your readability issue, it surely offers dark images, or you can even add any image you want from camera roll.

Aditya Rajveer

macrumors regular
Jun 2, 2015
Gujarat, India
I have a very good news for all.

I just got to know, Marvis Version 2.0 is 'In Review' Now. It almost takes just a few hours for them to Review the App. And if they don't find any issues, They Approve it. So hopefully in about 5-10 hours you'll be able to get your hands on v2.0.

I'm so excited to know your Feedbacks.

Last edited:

Aditya Rajveer

macrumors regular
Jun 2, 2015
Gujarat, India
I have a Great news for all.

I just got the News, Marvis v2.0 is 'In Review' now. It just takes just a few hours for them to Review the App. And if they don't find any issues, They Approve it. So probably in about 5-10 hours you'll be able to get your hands on v2.0.

Last edited:

elfary

macrumors regular
Sep 22, 2012
I have a very good news for all.

I just got to know, Marvis Version 2.0 is 'In Review' Now. It almost takes just a few hours for them to Review the App. And if they don't find any issues, They Approve it. So hopefully in about 5-10 hours you'll be able to get your hands on v2.0.

That's cool!

A serious landscape mode rolling out!

elfary

macrumors regular
Sep 22, 2012
Oh did not notice this: it's great for those of us who like to keep track of what we listen:

5fcc57c3ef73876752872c05c40f20ad.jpg

And this ot's amazing as well:

537af54bff935f49b5ad427a762799fb.jpg

When several songs of the same album are played in a row it might be interesting to show just one album cover so that album listeners could keep track of album players faster.

Aditya Rajveer

macrumors regular
Jun 2, 2015
Gujarat, India
Oh did not notice this: it's great for those of us who like to keep track of what we listen:

5fcc57c3ef73876752872c05c40f20ad.jpg

And this ot's amazing as well:

537af54bff935f49b5ad427a762799fb.jpg

When several songs of the same album are played in a row it might be interesting to show just one album cover so that album listeners could keep track of album players faster.

Great suggestion, I'll count this as minor change, but will add it in a later version, when there's no big features remaining to be added.

Hope it's not much annoying. Will probably have to think about the empty space. Join all items of albums by a straight line, and an angle at the last one. (hope you understood.) What do you think???

steve62388

macrumors 68040
Apr 23, 2013
Aditya,

A suggestion for a new feature in Marvis.

There is a music player on the app store called Tango which allows you to use one iDevice as a player and a second as a remote. I still use this as there are times I want my iPad and speaker plugged in somewhere and then use my iPhone as a remote control. It's very handy.

However, I'm loathe to put too much pressure on you for something like this because it's a pretty big new feature. There will come a time when I think you should start charging for Marvis (I would pay for it), perhaps a feature like this could be put behind a pay wall.

It's an idea anyway, maybe something to look into long term.

Aditya Rajveer

macrumors regular
Jun 2, 2015
Gujarat, India
Aditya,

A suggestion for a new feature in Marvis.

There is a music player on the app store called Tango which allows you to use one iDevice as a player and a second as a remote. I still use this as there are times I want my iPad and speaker plugged in somewhere and then use my iPhone as a remote control. It's very handy.

However, I'm loathe to put too much pressure on you for something like this because it's a pretty big new feature. There will come a time when I think you should start charging for Marvis (I would pay for it), perhaps a feature like this could be put behind a pay wall.

It's an idea anyway, maybe something to look into long term.
A very good Suggestion. And yes you're right it's pretty big one.

You or others won't probably need to pay for specific features, if I collect enough Donations. I've added the Option so that people can contribute what ever they can afford.

steve62388

macrumors 68040
Apr 23, 2013
A very good Suggestion. And yes you're right it's pretty big one.

You or others won't probably need to pay for specific features, if I collect enough Donations. I've added the Option so that people can contribute what ever they can afford.

See how that pans out. From what I have read of comments by other developers you will get some donations but not very many.

My preference would be just to pay for Marvis so you can continue to develop it. But on the other hand some people don't like it when you take away something from them that was previously free. New features behind a pay wall (via in app purchases) is a good middle ground.

Is the donate feature in v2.0?

Aditya Rajveer

macrumors regular
Jun 2, 2015
Gujarat, India
See how that pans out. From what I have read of comments by other developers you will get some donations but not very many.

My preference would be just to pay for Marvis so you can continue to develop it. But on the other hand some people don't like it when you take away something from them that was previously free. New features behind a pay wall (via in app purchases) is a good middle ground.

Is the donate feature in v2.0?

Donate has been Available since 1.0. It's under name 'Contribute via PayPal' in Marvis Support Section, I wonder how you missed it, you even Mailed me from support.

Many users, like you don't know about it's existence, That's why Marvis v2.0 will be showing a message. I hope giving my Hard work for free permits me to at least show a message.

You're right I probably might not receive many donations, but I wanted to try and see if I can change how people think. Don't you think I could have easily added Ads, and asked to Buy InApp to remove them. I didn't, I hate ads, and I know everyone else hate them as well. If people would understand these things, and are kind enough, they'll surely Donate. I'm Positive. I'm not giving up.

Aditya Rajveer

macrumors regular
Jun 2, 2015
Gujarat, India
Well hope my little contribution just made helps out.
No contribution is Little. Each and Every One is Important. Thank you very much for the Contribution.

I feel by giving Marvis for FREE, people can decide how much it's worth to them by Donating, It's like pay what you want, support the developer. I've even received $10 from a person who never demanded anything in return, hasn't even talked to me, Marvis was perfect for him.

Last edited:

Aditya Rajveer

macrumors regular
Jun 2, 2015
Gujarat, India
About v2.0, I believe you all are expecting it to land by now, but I'm really Sorry, it's still 'In Review', I don't understand what is taking so long, but now I must mention that it probably would take at least 12 hours now, The Review Team will continue reviewing when it's morning in US.

elfary

macrumors regular
Sep 22, 2012
After 8 weeks powered off my good old iPhone 3Gs remembers the position on the Cover Flow (and on lists view as well):

98ff1378b4f359dc1109f45c7936e3d4.jpg

Wish Marvis could do that too!

Aditya Rajveer

macrumors regular
Jun 2, 2015
Gujarat, India
After 8 weeks powered off my good old iPhone 3Gs remembers the position on the Cover Flow (and on lists view as well):

98ff1378b4f359dc1109f45c7936e3d4.jpg

Wish Marvis could do that too!

Yeah, one day even Marvis would, It's not too difficult, just remembering last album position, and scrolling to that point once opened. There may be a few things to check, like if Item is available or not. Nothing too severe.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.