Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

itzcoolz

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 6, 2010
i just received my marware eco-vue case today, and i like it a lot! i was looking into the Dodocase and the quirky case, but i'll hold off until they become more widespread.

i've been following this forum everyday, so i know some of you guys bought the eco-vue case over the past few weeks. i know people mentioned the hand strap got loose. just wondering how everything else has been going, now that you've been using it a few weeks.

my one specific question would be regarding the tightness of the part that specifically holds the ipad. it might be because i have film on the back and front of my ipad, but it seems to be stretched just a tad to hold it. nothing worrisome at the moment, but it could possibly get worse.

but to be clear, i really love the case. my search criteria was: could hold an ipad with film, folio case, some stand capabilities, and not too thick. it is definitely a bit thicker than the ipad, but it still looks fairly sleek. my only wish is that it would be able to close with magnets.

FirePak

macrumors regular
May 5, 2006
Mesa Arizona
Ive had mine for about a week now, I think the case is the best option out currently but I'm pretty sure its not going to hold up too long. Ive already noticed the part that holds the iPad in is getting loose. The strap at the top is not enough to hold the iPad safely. I can totally see dropping the case and the iPad sliding out. I'm going to try and sew or glue some Velcro to it this weekend.

w4rmk

macrumors 6502
Feb 13, 2006
I have had mine for about a week and am not happy with it. My iPad sits a little loose inside such that sometimes the edges are almost intruding into the screen area. I reaaally hated the little flap at the top that is "suppose" to hold the iPad in place, it's pretty much a joke, if you turn the case upside down and shake just a little the iPad slides right out. I extended mine by taping some plastic onto it and it holds much better but it's still a poor design. As a result I am trying other cases to find one I like better.

dborja

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2007
Northern California
I just received mine today, too. Shipping is fast (2 days from FL to CA) as soon as they got it in stock; the order status page lags quite a bit though.

Anyway, I like mine a lot so far. The feel is very nice and the strap is a good touch (we'll see if it becomes loose as some have indicated); better than the Apple case on my wife's iPad... The iPad fits nice and steady so far; I don't intend on shaking it upside down so, unless it loosens up in its holder, I won't worry. If it does, I'll probably use a Velcro square on the tab to secure it to the rest of the case.

My case was delayed a week so Marware threw in a screen protector. This is good since I botched the installation of the protector I bought last week. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.