Marware Sportfolio?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by 7on, Jul 15, 2004.

1. 7on macrumors 601

7on

http://marware.com/SportFolio.html

Been considering a new "slim" case for my pb ever since my metal briefcase busted. The only negative with the briefcase I had was that it was heavy. This Sportfolio looks to be exactly what I need, but I'm concerned with the protection it provides. Like is the interior plastic "shell" 100% covering the laptop or only on the bottom and sides? I'm also looking for a basic thumbs up from current Sportfolio owners.

2. 7on thread starter macrumors 601

7on

3. Gizmotoy macrumors 65816

Gizmotoy

The plastic shell around the case is only provided on the top and bottom (as if the laptop was sitting on the desk) of the laptop. The sides of the laptop are all open. However, the bottom of the case (as if you were holding it vertically) is Very heavily reinforced. There's some thick rubbery stuff and a ton of padding down there.

Despite that (in my opinion) rather minor shortcoming, I love this case. It's sucessfully protected my 12" PowerBook from a 3 foot fall onto linoleum with no damage whatsoever (the PowerBook was off). In addition, the whole thing just feels "quality". There is a nice thick felt-type material inside the case, and there is even a large neoprene flap to protect the 'Book from the zipper.

I don't think you'll notice the weight of the case. The case comes with a completely amazing carrying strap. It kind of stretches at the top. It's pretty successful in making the whole contraption feel much lighter than it is.

If you are thinking of getting one, I would highly recommend it.

Note: My opinions are based on the SportFolio II. Basically, the only difference between the two is a slight design change, and that the SportFolio II is for the 12" PowerBook, while the regular SportFolio is for the 15".

4. 7on thread starter macrumors 601

7on

Is the case solid Neoprene? Marware seems to have a neoprene fetish. anyhoo, Neoprene is extremely "flimsy." Is the case this way? Or is their some support to keep the case from loosing it's shape? Thanks again ;P

5. knicksfan58 macrumors member