Maryland Locals Please (No I dont Wanna Date)

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Texas04, Jul 21, 2006.

1. Texas04 macrumors 6502a

Texas04

So im going to Maryland and was planning to go with a couple of friends along with my family to see my family, well work called and know its just my family going to visit my family in Maryland for a week.
    My Question: What is there to do in Maryland? What are the tourist or non-tourist attractions. Ill be near Baltimore so that should give some peak on where I am.
    Anything sporty? any fun places?
    (Family Places only please, no big dance clubs lol)

2. CEAbiscuit macrumors 6502a

CEAbiscuit

Not sure where you'll be staying, but you can go to the Baltimore Inner Harbor, simply walk around and find plenty to do-- lots of restaurants and shops. HIGHLY recommend the aquarium. Always cool stuff there. If you 've never been to Oriole park, it's a great place to see a ballgame (check if they are playing.

In the evening you may want to check out Fells Point for cocktails. Fells Point

3. mgargan1 macrumors 65816

mgargan1

The Baltimore Aquarium is very nice...

I would also reccomend driving down to DC. See the Smithsonian Museums. Plenty to do for the kids. They have a spy museum, the natural history museum, air and space museum... a huge IMAX theatre. If you're going to be in Baltimore more... Camden Yards is pretty neat... The inner Harbor is great.

Annapolis has a really nice waterfront where you can walk around, shop... and I'm sure that you could rent a sailboat.

DC also has the National Zoo, sure it's no San Diego Zoo, but it is really nice. And Free!!

4. Black&Tan macrumors 6502a

Black&Tan

We'll be going to Maryland also this summer, although we'll be visiting in August. We're planning on driving down Rt 13 in Delaware and taking the bridge/tunnel into Baltimore. High on our list in the inner harbor and the Aquarium. We've heard its fantastic. There's also Fort McHenry. I'm also trying to get a side trip to Aberdeen Proving Ground to check out the armor museum.

We're also trying to visit Philadelphia on the way home. The zoo is supposed to be wonderful. In Easton (outside of Bethlehem), there is the Crayola museum where you can see how crayons are made and make your own.

Now I just need to find some decent brew-pubs in Baltimore and Philly.