Massive Problem Expose/Safari

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by mi5moav, Feb 24, 2006.

1. mi5moav macrumors regular

Ok, I can not figure out what is going on with my system. whenever I press the up arrow page up expose engages(no, it is not set that way in preferences) secondly whenever I am using safari and typing in the address bar and hit return to go to the site somehow 0p; <------ that gets thrown into the web address and engages expose... what the heck is going on??? Ok, now I will press the up arrrow as I type this and you will see what it types 9ol.\.\9ol.\9ol.\9ol.\9ol.\9ol.\9ol.\9ol.\9ol.\9ol.\9ol.\9ol.\ol.\

What the heck is that????? HELP my computer is haunted

And no, i don't have any key remapping software installed...that I know of.

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

3. mi5moav thread starter macrumors regular

hmmm, tried resetting pram. Still a no go the up arrow still switches me back and forth between expose about 60 percent of the time. The strange thing is that sometimes if I press the key it engages expose then, next key press desengages it and so on continued loop, but at the same time it is also moving the side bar up and down.. how can a single key control 2 different functions at the same time... is this a new virus or malware that has infected my system. Would a malware keymapper be found in preference file or some other folder on the system?

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Can you plug in another keyboard and give that a go? I don't think it's a virus. :)

5. mi5moav thread starter macrumors regular

Wacked out OS/Expose??

Tried two other keyboards. Still doing the same thing. Something is majorly corrupted. I reinstalled the 10.4.5 and still doing the same thing?!? Only thing now is that the up arrow key now has three keys assigned to it.. the up arrow key thinks it is the up key, the F9key as well as the F10 key 7 out of 10 times it thinks it is the F10 key 2 out of 10 the F9 key and the other the up arrow. Somehow something strange is going on, I can't believe no one has had this problem. Do appreciate all the help though.

6. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

What sort of reinstall of 10.4.5 did you do? Have you tried the full reformat and reinstall method? :)

7. frankblundt macrumors 65816

frankblundt

did you try it in another account?
    did you try the keyboard in a different port?
    does it still do it if you're booted off the system disk (entering type into a dialog box)?

8. JBoydPhoto macrumors newbie

how did you fix this?

I am getting the same problem as described on this post. Could you please let me know how you fixed it?

9. Tumbleweed666 macrumors 68000

I think you'd better PM the posters, there has been no activity on this thread for 6 YEARS so I doubt the original posters are monitoring it :D

10. JBoydPhoto macrumors newbie

Thanks for the help. I was kinda hoping they may receive a notification to their email accounts. Not sure how to send uses direct messages? I put up a new post in the forums and did a friend request to the person who originally wrote the post

11. chown33 macrumors 604

Did you also look at the "Last activity" date, on each user's User Profile page?

For mi5moav, the last activity was in 2008. That means the user hasn't even logged in since that date.

Hope springs eternal, but you're hoping for a lot.