Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sammyman

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 21, 2005
I have a 12" powerbook combo, and wondered what the hard drive is set to and what the combo drive is set to? Are they the same as the 12" superdrive models?

blodwyn

macrumors 65816
Jul 28, 2004
Portland, Oregon
sammyman said:
I have a 12" powerbook combo, and wondered what the hard drive is set to and what the combo drive is set to? Are they the same as the 12" superdrive models?

Well the system profiler on my PB 12" shows 2x ATA buses with the combo drive on one, and the HD on the other. I would presume that both drives are set as masters, but am not prepared to dismantle my PB to check. I see no reason why the superdrive models would be any different.

sammyman

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 21, 2005
blodwyn said:
Well the system profiler on my PB 12" shows 2x ATA buses with the combo drive on one, and the HD on the other. I would presume that both drives are set as masters, but am not prepared to dismantle my PB to check. I see no reason why the superdrive models would be any different.

I don't think that both drives can be set to master.

kgarner

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2004
Utah
sammyman said:
I don't think that both drives can be set to master.
They can because they are each on their own bus. If they shared the same bus, then no they couldn't.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.