maths cheet sheet software

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ollie, Jun 11, 2005.

1. ollie macrumors member

hi, i have my mid year exams next week and was wondering if anyone could suggest any software that could aid me in creating my maths cheat sheet.
    i would just type it out in BBedit or something but you cant do the fancy maths symbols.

thanking you for any suggestions.

2. thomasp macrumors 6502a

I'm using AppleWorks 6.0.4 and that comes with a great tool called "Equation Editor" - I assume it is in later versions.

If you have AppleWorks, then in a Word Processing document, choose "Insert Equation" from the "Insert..." menu.

If you don't have AppleWorks, then sorry for not being much help :)

3. mfacey macrumors 65816

mfacey

Don't waste your time. Usually by the time you've finished making the cheat sheet you could have learned your equations by heart 4 times. Furthermore, if you get caught with a cheat sheet your in big trouble. Save yourself the risk and effort and just put some time into studying the maths. That's my advice!

4. ollie thread starter macrumors member

we're alowed to have one.

we're actually encouraged to have one.

4 sides of A4 infact, though i seriously doubt i will need all of it.

5. thomasp macrumors 6502a

6. homerjward macrumors 68030

homerjward

umm...not to be old fashioned or w/e but i'd honestly use a piece of paper and a pen (not into pencils). it's a lot easier than inputting all the symbols into the computer an IMHO it helps me learn better to write it because that's how im going to be doing it on the test, although i'm not sure what format your test is in lol.