Matlab on 10.3.5

Discussion in 'Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) Discussion' started by Chirandi, Oct 20, 2004.

1. Chirandi macrumors newbie

I'm trying to install Matlab but to no avail. I have the student version of the program, and when I try the installation, I believe the program tries to start up Xdarwin and then stops.
    I've gone to Mathwork's website and tried to download the patch, but for some reason have not been successful in doing so.
    Any suggesstions in how to proceed with the installation and getting the program to work would be helpful.

Thanks again.

2. abhishekit macrumors 65816

abhishekit

3. mwpeters8182 macrumors 6502

I believe you need to use Apple's X11 for Matlab to work. I have it running on my system.

4. abhishekit macrumors 65816

abhishekit

Yah but without the patch, the student version(13) doesn't recognize X11 and tries to install XDarwin. But the patch fixes it.

5. Studawg7 macrumors regular

matlab

i run the latest version of matlab on my ibook. I havent had any issues with it (other than it being slow b/c i need more ram). One thing i have noticed is that if you open an m-file then it will open in xcode if you have those tools installed. have you installed x11 from your apple discs b/c that needs to be installed first?

cheers

6. Chirandi thread starter macrumors newbie

Having problems getting the patch!

the problem is that I can't seem to get the link for the patch to work.
    I've getting the patch through mathworks' website but when I do click the link, i get a blank page. A very odd occurrence surely.

Is there any other way I may be able to get the patch?

Thanks for your help guys. I have some homework in my reactor engineeing class due next week and it requires use of Matlab, and as of today I cannot install the program. So your help is greatly appreciated. :)

7. abhishekit macrumors 65816

abhishekit

^^^pm me your email and I would mail the patch with instructions to you.

cheers

8. Chirandi thread starter macrumors newbie

Hmm...

Hmm... I'm beginning to think the world has room for one more idiot - myself. I didn't check finder after clicking the link. As it turns out, I was connected to the FTP server and am currently downloading the patch.
    More as it comes.
    Thanks again.

Aaah! I completely forgot that my CD is sitting up in my lab. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to wait till tomorrow to get Matlab to work. :eek:

9. mwpeters8182 macrumors 6502

That patch is for R13. If you bought the newest version (R14) that patch won't work.

MP

10. AmigoMac macrumors 68020

AmigoMac

If you have R14, you don't need the patch

11. tosoil macrumors newbie

If you have R14, and if it does not work, go to /Applications/MATLAB7 , type in "sudo ./install_matlab", type in password, then say 'yes' forever.

Good Luck