Matrix Reloaded demos apple mobile device

Discussion in 'Hardware Rumors' started by jasonpaul75, May 14, 2002.

1. jasonpaul75 macrumors member

I have seen the new Matrix Reloaded trailer and if you look closely you will seewhat apears to be familiar stylings on a mobile phone / video chat / portable device. I always thought the Matix itself had to be the product of Microsofts bad practices in controlling the competition...You all can check it out on Wed. night on Entertainment Tonight or before StarWars on Thurs.

"believe"

2. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Re: Matrix Reloaded demos apple mobile device

I'm going to StarWars tonight, I'll be checking carefully, thanks for the info. I'll get back to this thread say 3ish, EST.

D

3. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

can i download the Matrix Reloaded trailer from somewhere on the net?

4. menoinjun macrumors 6502a

menoinjun

I'll be there tonight too!! I am actually looking forward to the Matrix trailer more that Starwars!!

-Pete

5. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

I wouldn't go that far. The trailers from Star Wars look pretty damn cool, a lot of good action and it will be very interesting to see how the Empire gets developed/began. I hope its a good ride.

D

6. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

I'm going Friday night, so no spoilers please! :p

I've already heard more than I want to from a co-worker who has read the story. :mad:

7. MasterX (OSiX) macrumors 6502

8. MasterX (OSiX) macrumors 6502

And now for something of interest...

The first teaser to the MATRIX: RELOADED and THE MATRIX: REVOLUTIONS is set to be released on Wednesday May 15th, with its world premier on Entertainment Tonight. To see it in theaters, it will be attached to a certain film due out this week. If you miss it, don't worry, you can view it here, at www.TheMatrix.com, directly after its final airing on Entertainment Tonight. That's roughly 9pm PST, May 15th.

For this online release, we've decided to go digital... this is THE MATRIX, after all. We compressed this first teaser directly from the 2K digital source files, over 20 gigabytes of data. Why'd we bother? No scan lines, capable of far higher resolutions, zero transfer loss. More shortly.

TheMatrix.com

---
    Wait, is this referring to that stupid teaser again? NUTS!! Oh well, they'll (or apple trailers) will have it soon enough.

9. Skandranon macrumors regular

Umm....

Maybe I'm just a tool. But I'm not seeing any hint of some sort of mobile device in the teaser trailer I downloaded from www.thematrix.com

If someone does see it, could they post the minutes:seconds where it pops up. I've gone frame by frame but have not seen anything remotely like the supposed product this thread is about.

:confused:

10. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

I just got back from the movie, and I watched very carefully for any handheld device in the trailer, and I saw nothing. So I'll download the QT version and step through it, but I think you saw something else, if that.

11. atodd macrumors member

Can someone post some images from the trailer? Or redirect me to someplace where I can get them? Normally I would download the trailer, but I can't seem to hold a steady Internet connection for more than three minutes for some reason.

12. Paolo macrumors regular

I couldn't see one

I looked at the trailer and I couldn't see any portable device (new).
    Are you sure your not making it up!?

13. sjs macrumors 6502

Another trailer that played is for the new Tom Cruise movie: Minority Report. It had some "devices". I wonder if that could be where the device appears.

14. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

That is a great trailer! I am a massive Matrix fan and I can't wait for the next one.
    Roll on 2003 :D

15. Hemingray macrumors 68030

Hemingray

Amen to that, brother! :D Bring it on!

16. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Minority Report does look like a very cool movie, I'm anxious to see it. But the handhelds didn't really show much in that trailer. The only handheld that was obvious was the one in MIB2, but it wasn't an Apple, that's for sure.

Unless he saw a different trailer, its not in the Matrix one. When everyone at the theater saw the trailer start (the falling green characters) the whole place errupted. Then at the end when the big 2003 came on the screen - hisses and boos. That's pretty much how I felt. I want to see it this summer, not a year from now.

17. mischief macrumors 68030

mischief

Somebody Hacked the Matrix site!!!

It redirects to an Anti-Abortion propoganda site. Yuck.:confused: :mad:

18. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Re: Somebody Hacked the Matrix site!!!

www.thematrix.com is up now. I went through the teaser trailer step at a time, and there was no handheld. Just for the record.

D

19. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

Re: Re: Somebody Hacked the Matrix site!!!

aw man...I cannot wait to see the Matrix Reloaded...it's going to be so damned cool!!!! :D

20. mischief macrumors 68030

mischief

Fast *ss sysop.

I checked again after posting and it was fixed....... though the site was a little buggy.

I didn't see any toys either.

jasonpaul75, R U high?:rolleyes: ;) :p

21. Dr. Distortion macrumors regular

The movie had 145 mistakes

Nevertheless, it was a good movie...

22. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Wow, that is a great site, I checked the StarWars ATC, and I noticed only about 1/2 of those durning the movie. Now I'll have to go back and watch again.

Thanks for the link:D

23. MasterX (OSiX) macrumors 6502

That's why they only do super-advanced screenings of movies in real market-centered movies (SW-Ep2 for Matrix2)

24. macfreek57 macrumors 6502