Matshita????

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by NEENAHBOY, Nov 27, 2004.

1. NEENAHBOY macrumors 6502

I have a 15" PowerBook G4, 1.5 GHz processor, 512MB memory, and a CD-RW/DVD-RW SuperDrive. My question: why does Apple put Matshita drives in? These apparently have almost no recognition capabilities. I bought Sony CD-RWs and they were not recognized; I had to get TDK. Now I have Maxell DVD-R discs and they are not recognized. Can anyone tell me why this is, and what I can or should do to remedy the problem (eg. new drive)?

2. andiwm2003 macrumors 601

andiwm2003

did you try CD-R or CD+R?

i'm also annoyed with the drive. i have a pack of maxell dvd+r and they are not recognized. it seems the drive only recognizes dvd-r.

does anybody have any specifics (e.g. what brand works, do dvd+r really n ot work)?

andi

3. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

Seeing as it's a CD-RW/DVD-R (NOT a +R), I'm not surprised that it won't recognize a DVD+R disc.

4. NEENAHBOY thread starter macrumors 6502

Interesting that the second someone mentions Maxell, an ad for Maxell media appears at the bottom of the thread. Coincidence? I think not.

5. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Targeted advertising, that's all.

6. andiwm2003 macrumors 601

andiwm2003

there is this one thread where they try to bring a ad for a lemur up. didn't work yet.