Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Espnetboy3

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 1, 2003
I have been working on a matte painting for the last couple of days. I finally did what i needed to do in Photoshop so I saved the file as a tiff. I then brought it into after effects and after doing some more work to it, I have noticed the color is a bit off than when the file is in photoshop. The darks arent as dark for the main part.(shadows mostly) I also added a grain to it in photoshop and in after effects I cant really notice the grain being there. Any suggestions. I brought it in as both a tiff and a psd file into AE.

Espnetboy3

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 1, 2003
WOW you might be right I will have to check tomorrow morning. I believe I know how to check but could u refresh my memory. If it isnt the same color profile can i switch it?
When I open it in photoshop a message comes up saying embeded profile mismatch does not match the current rgb working space. The embeded profile will be used instead of the working space. Then it tells me the embeded profile which says adobe rgb 1998 and working which is sRGB IEC61966-2.1

Espnetboy3

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 1, 2003
Has anyone else had problems with rendering video and playing it back in quicktime 7. I have Tiger 10.4.4 powermac g4 733mhz with 1.2gig ram. Is this too sluggish to play back my quicktime renders from AE. For instance I had a animation with million plus colors full quality and it plays back choppy and freezes, but on my friends comp which is a ppowermac g4 dual 1.4 ghz i believe and on my brothers comp dual 3ghz pc it plays back smooth for the most part. I really need to get this project rendered but nothign that looks decent plays back smooth. Its basically a Tiff picture with particles (snow, fire,smoke) added to it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.