Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

mavericks.png
Apple today seeded build 13D61 of OS X 10.9.3 to developers, just over a week after releasing the ninth OS X beta, build 13D55, and nearly two months after the first 10.9.3 beta. This seed is accompanied by Safari 7.0.4.

The beta is available through the Software Update mechanism in the Mac App Store as well as through the Mac Dev Center.

Apple continues to ask developers to focus on Graphics Drivers, Audio, Mail, Contacts and Calendar sync over USB in iTunes, and Safari. As was discovered with the first beta, 10.9.3 adds new support for 4K displays, offering "Retina" resolutions that improve readability along with support for 60Hz output from the Retina MacBook Pro.

OS X 10.9.3 is likely nearing completion, as AppleCare employees were today seeded 10.9.3 build 13D62, one build later than what developers are receiving. A public launch could come as soon as this week.

Article Link: Apple Seeds OS X Mavericks 10.9.3 Build 13D61 to Developers

SvP

macrumors 6502
Mar 31, 2009
An update for Safari 7.0.4 seed 1 also appeared for me.

And in that update: "shared links" from your twitter contacts and linkedin contacts, and improvements on Bookmarks and Reading list in the sidebar...

seme332

macrumors regular
Oct 30, 2013
Berlin
Weird :s

YES! That is the weirdest thing! Why did I enroll to this program when it doesn't give me the newest beta?

tywebb13

macrumors 68030
Apr 21, 2012
It won't always give you the same betas as developers, and even when it does, you won't necessarily get it at the same time.

Even developers don't get all the betas. They did not get builds 13D19, 13D57, 13D59 and 13D62. (Although there is some evidence that this last one might become the public release - but if developer bug reports necessitate it going to a higher one than this, it won't be).

The ones you get depend on which program you are in and which seed configuration utility you install.

Developers have a different seed configuration utility to the one given to public beta testers.

Last edited:

hydr

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2009
Can someone test if it´s possible to use 4K/60Hz over HDMI with rMBP or nMP?

Tmelon

macrumors 65816
Feb 26, 2011
And in that update: "shared links" from your twitter contacts and linkedin contacts, and improvements on Bookmarks and Reading list in the sidebar...

It's showing the same description that it showed for Safari 7.0. This doesn't look like an actual change log.

Suspended
Apr 4, 2009
Not appearing for me...

I'm on the OSX Beta Seed program...

Someone help?

Thanks

tywebb13

macrumors 68030
Apr 21, 2012
It won't always give you the same betas as developers, and even when it does, you won't necessarily get it at the same time.

Even developers don't get all the betas. They did not get builds 13D19, 13D57, 13D59 and 13D62. (Although there is some evidence that this last one might become the public release - but if developer bug reports necessitate it going to a higher one than this, it won't be).

The ones you get depend on which program you are in and which seed configuration utility you install.

Developers have a different seed configuration utility to the one given to public beta testers.

Why do I need to quote myself?

blindcolumn

macrumors newbie
May 7, 2014
I asked this in the other thread, but maybe I'll get a better response here:

Does the Dell UP2414Q work at 60Hz with a Radeon 7950 in the most recent builds of 10.9.3? I haven't seen a straight answer anywhere.

MikhailT

macrumors 601
Nov 12, 2007
So 10.9.3 is pretty well on the way any time soon for public release.

Wonder what new features we can look forward to being introduced at WWDC for OSX 10.10 Syrah? Other than some expected iOS-sification, there seems to be not a whole lot of info out there on that.

Nobody beside Apple knows, 9to5Mac has the best info here.

Not appearing for me...

I'm on the OSX Beta Seed program...

Someone help?

Thanks

Nobody can help you. See the title, it says to developers? It means only the developers get this. Public beta users do not get the same seeds as developers nor does developers get the same seeds as internal employers.

Your updates will come whenever Apple deems a seed ready for the public testing.

I asked this in the other thread, but maybe I'll get a better response here:

Does the Dell UP2414Q work at 60Hz with a Radeon 7950 in the most recent builds of 10.9.3? I haven't seen a straight answer anywhere.

Maybe because there's only a small market of users who own UP2414Q and an older Mac Pro with that radeon card.

Right now, only the 15" 2013 MBPs and late '13 MPs will have support for 60hz for 4k monitors for sure.

By the way, the simple look through Mac Pro forum shows this, so you might be in luck once 10.9.3 comes out.

tywebb13

macrumors 68030
Apr 21, 2012
If many more bug reports come in from developers it might actually delay the public release of 10.9.3.

micknudsen

macrumors newbie
May 7, 2014
Combining Developer and Beta Seed

I recently signed up for the Mavericks Beta Seed Program, but I am considering signing up for the full (paid) developer thing later. Wondering if the two will somehow conflict. Has anybody tried it?

iBug2

macrumors 601
Jun 12, 2005
I recently signed up for the Mavericks Beta Seed Program, but I am considering signing up for the full (paid) developer thing later. Wondering if the two will somehow conflict. Has anybody tried it?
If you install the developer seed config utility then you will be getting the developer seeds, not the public beta seeds. So it overrides the other one.

tywebb13

macrumors 68030
Apr 21, 2012

Yeah. I have both. But I have 2 different apple ids and I use a separate one for both. I've also set up 4 different virtual machines for mavericks betas - 2 for the public seeds, the other 2 for the developer ones.

2 of them are up-to-date and I can find direct links to the delta beta updates from those.

The other 2 are build 13A603 and I don't actually update them, but can use these to find the direct links to the combo beta updates.

The developer ones get posted in the developer forums.

Unfortunately there are no forums for the public beta program and hence nowhere on the net where I can legally post the direct links for the public beta seeds.

If you want to choose between the two programs, I'd say definitely go for the developer one. It gives you a whole heap of other good stuff. The public one is rather bland by comparison.

Last edited:

Suspended
Dec 6, 2012
I wonder why the public beta is still at D45a. I would have thought that they would have continued to pump stuff out to the public beta at this point. Could it be that all these developer beta's (including this one) is because of something they found in the public beta?

I have no insight on this, so this is more of just a curiosity since I doubt Apple is telling anyone anything.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.