Max Discount as possible?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by bongpapst, Dec 27, 2012.

1. macrumors newbie

Hi guys,

i am about to buying one of the new 27" imacs (my first imac!)
    so i am an student and i rly need to save as much money as i can. I wanna buy the imac over the "apple on campus" website, where i can save about 200€ over the normal price. but is there maybe an other way, how i can save some money? maybe order via telefone and get some %? (like Dell)
    Thx for ur hints and sorry for my bad english ;)

2. Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

No, apple does not generally off much in terms of discounts. Edu discounts are as good as they get.

3. macrumors member

not sure how much you are looking to spend, but also know that you get a discount on upgrades from EDU store too- (spend more to save more, i know) but if you want a maxed out machine you will save more than just the base $100 off.

EDIT; 200 euro off sounds pretty good ! Thats about $260 and about the same as the discounts on my maxed out iMac in US edu apple store

4. simsaladimbamba

You could look at CyberPort.de for cheaper Macs, I got my last two Macs there for 200 € less than Apple wants.
    Gravis also offers some cheaper Macs, especially their Apple Care Protection Plan alternative, which I had to use once, successfully, for a logic board replacement on my iBook.

5. thread starter macrumors newbie

Thx for ur answer guys.
    Well the normal price here in germany is 2,200€ for my machine, with the education discount i ahve to pay 1934€. Maybe i order it on the telephone, perhaps i get some stuff for free ;)

6. simsaladimbamba

7. macrumors newbie

8. thread starter macrumors newbie

@ simsalabam
    No, ist from the official Apple on Campus webside.

9. simsaladimbamba

I understand, I was just asking, if it is that Mac? Maybe specify the specs of the Mac you want, and someone might know another offer, or you just look at the links you have been given.

Seite = site (site is an indication of location, side is an indication of position)