Max limit for Pepsi iTunes winners

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by LucasLand, Jan 27, 2004.

1. LucasLand macrumors 6502a

LucasLand

In case you were planning on going out and collecting empty bottles, check out the fine print regarding the max limit you can download.

From apple website:

6. SONG PRIZE LIMITS:
    "Maximum number of valid Codes per email address/person that can be entered at the Web Site is 10 per day and 200 total throughout the Promotion Period."

http://www.apple.com/itunes/pepsi/rules.html

2. CubeHacker macrumors 65816

CubeHacker

200 downloads is still ~20 albums. Not bad considering its free :)

3. engelb15 macrumors member

4. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

I only drink 3 Sierra Mists a day during work so I think I'll make it... :)

5. 1macker1 macrumors 65816

1macker1

Couldn't you set up as many iTunes accounts that you have credit cards and bank cards for? And just log in under a different account if you go over your limit?

I'm not a soda drinker, so i'll miss out on all the free music.

6. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

200 songs and you want more? allways someone outhere that has to push the limit or rules. come on:eek:

7. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

That would require one to drink 600 20 oz sodas in the course of 29 days... that's 20 sodas a day... which is you're only up for 16 hours of the day that's just disgusting...

Yeah you could get caps from friends or whatever... but... really... you're not going to reasonably hit that limit...

Edit: 600 sodas calculated because of 1 in 3 chance.

8. BlueMars macrumors newbie

A 200 song limit per email address? Well, email addresses aren't hard to come by. So all I need to do is tank up on Pepsi, and peruse some of the trash bins around town, and get my friends to hand over all their bottle caps, and then I could really go to work on my song collection!!

Wait a minute - there's no iTMS in Canada. Geez. And too much pop isn't good for you, anyhow.

Besides, I don't have any friends.

Oh well, looks like all I can do is sit and watch all the action when it begins. But wouldn't it be fun if some of those numbers also won the contestant a Dual G5 or an iMac? That's how you'll put a Mac into a PC users hands....let them win one.

9. MetallicPenguin macrumors 6502

Hey I got a website, I can hand out email addresses basically!:D

10. GovornorPhatt macrumors regular

Can't you just set up Hotmail accounts. Their free and are the typycall choice for email scams, hacking, junk mailing, and such. Maybe Apple uses a cookie on the computer or in iTunes to prevent scamming the Pepsi bottle caps. Anyhow, I don't like sugar water anyways.

11. Toppa G's macrumors 6502

And then they do things to it like that kid who put his Athlon into the G5 case :eek:

12. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

But the Digital Rights Management is tied to the email address.... no?

arn

13. Bear macrumors G3

Yes it is, however, you can authorize your computer under multiple ids apparently.

14. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Per an email address that works out to 10 bottles a day! Even between my partner and I; I doubt that we could drink 20 bottles a day (assuming a 1 in 3 winning rate).

15. bennetsaysargh macrumors 68020

bennetsaysargh

i can deal with that. i doubt in the span of 60 days i'll have more than 600 pepsis. still going get more pepsis than normal though. im gonna ask all my friends for their caps too :p. maybe ask for a case like my little brother is;)

16. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Digital Restrictions Management, thank you very much :rolleyes:

17. benixau macrumors 65816

benixau

maybe but Digital Rights Management sounds nicer. Like they are giving you somethine where as Digital Restrictions Management sounds like they are taking something away.

It's all marketing.

18. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Ah, but they *are* taking something away. DRM doesn't give you any additional rights.

19. alset macrumors 65816

alset

I find it amusing that so many people are going to buy more soda than normal. I'll be buying Pepsi to drink in place Coke, but only at my usual soda rate. Why have a one in three chance at a cost of $1.05 per drink when I can just buy a song for $.99? Songs stop being free when you spend more money on soda in an effort to win than you would without the promotion.

Dan

20. benixau macrumors 65816

benixau

yes they are. but they don't want you to know/think that.

this trick is almost worthy of MS' marketing dept.

21. dbauer macrumors member

hmmm....

I think the promotion runs for 60 days, not 29 as in the earlier post.

So, lets see, that means 1200 sodas (assuming a 1 in 3 chance) and I'm not sure but I hope that includes diet Pepsi. At 1200 regular Pepsi's you wouldn't have to worry about music anymore because you'd have diabietes to deal with.

What's interesting is that if the promo includes Diet Pepsi, and that has saccarin in it, isn't that the same number of sodas they gave to the lab rat to prove that saccarin causes cancer? Hmmm....