OS X Max Pay 3 coming this week

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by denisvj, Jun 18, 2013.

1. macrumors regular

denisvj

2. macrumors regular

Celtic Warrior

That will be definitely awesome... I have played Max Payne 3 someshow on PS3 however My friend retrieved by I finished the game, which was like begging episode. Thank you for sharing us.. If you did not share here, I would not learn right away..

3. macrumors 6502a

Will the steam PC version be upgraded to work on mac (like valves games when you can play the game on Windows and OSX) or will we have to buy it again?

4. macrumors 68000

If you already have the Steam version for Windows, it will be compatible with OS X. No re-purchase needed.

5. macrumors 6502

SingularityG

Awesome news!:)

Hopefully, Rockstar will release it on Steam too, so we won't have to buy it again.:)

6. macrumors 6502a

sweet thanks :)

7. macrumors 68000

Did you not read what I just wrote right above you?

8. macrumors 68000

Dirtyharry50

9. macrumors 6502

I don't think I've ever hated a game quite as much as I hated Max Payne 3.

Everything about it, from the ceaseless whining of the self-pitying main character to the dead-eye, bullet-sponge enemies.

Can't design a decent level or program smart AI? Then simply make every enemy know exactly where you are at all times, so they can plug you the instant you emerge from cover. And give them body armour so they can take three or four headshots before going down.

It's relentlessly repetitive. Shoot 50 guys, get killed by somebody who spawns on a roof behind you, get chucked back to a checkpoint 5 minutes earlier because there's no quicksave, listen to Max grumbling about what a loser he is...

I got to the final confrontation, which is ridiculously hard, died about 20 times, deleted the install. It's almost 30GB, so I won't be tempted to download it again.

4/10. Dismal sequel from a developer who simply doesn't have a clue about what made the original games so good.

10. macrumors 68020

Solomani

Sounds like you had a Payneful experience with the game....

11. macrumors 6502

SingularityG

I did, then I dug deeper and discovered this:

"Coming to the MAC App Store on June 20th, 2013, and out now for Windows® PC in North America and Europe."

There are however unofficial reports of Steam version, so yeah, I am sure to check both Steam and the Mac App Store, tomorrow.:)

12. macrumors 6502

Considering the version I bought for Windows wouldn't even work in Bootcamp, I'm hoping that bringing it over to Mac will allow me to finally put that purchase to good use!

13. macrumors 6502

About a Steam version, Max Payne 3 showed up in my Mac games list on Steam a few weeks ago. So it's conceivable that it will be a Steam Play game. That being said, The Longest Journey has been in my Mac games list for many months now with a Mac release on Steam yet to materialize, so you never know.

14. macrumors regular

TheGreatWumpus

The Rockstar PC/Mac page says its coming to the App Store. I promptly bought it at 11:55PM EST. Its nearly done downloading.

Then I was poking around rockstar support out of curiosity and saw this:

From: http://support.rockstargames.com/entries/24289781-Max-Payne-3-Mac-System-Requirements

So it seems like we will see a Steam version? But right now its App Store only. Ack.

In other news I've made a Mac Crew if anyone is interesting in joining. :) http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/the_mac_gamer_crew

I have no idea yet how the Multiplayer works. App store to app store only? Crossplay with Mac steam? Crossplay with all PC players? No Idea. I'll find out soon enough.

15. macrumors 6502

SingularityG

Pressing [Play Now] button on Steam no longer says it's not available on current platform.

Just a bit longer I guess.:)

16. macrumors 68020

Solomani

Although rare, it is POSSIBLE to have MacAppStore and Steam crossplay multi-player. I know that it has been accomplished with one game in the past, and that game happens to be (Aspyr's) Call of Duty Black Ops for Mac.

17. macrumors 68040

cluthz

The steam mac version of Call of Duty Black Ops could not play with PC version tho.

18. macrumors 6502

SingularityG

Downloading...

Any reports on multiplayer, Social Club integration?

19. macrumors regular

TheGreatWumpus

I'm happy to report any Mac version of the game has full cross-play with the PC players in Multiplayer. Woot!

Still struggling to play the story though. Took me 3 downloads/installs of the game just to get it to launch, and then it just froze on me after a few minutes. Grr.

20. macrumors member

rampancy

Of you're you're going to have to rebuy it. I've heard that Rockstar quite liked the XBox One's DRM policy and may implement their own form of it, requiring you to buy a copy for every computer you own. They've also been inspired by the Planetary Annihilation beta on Steam, and will now charge $90 for it. Hey, they don't call it "Max Pay 3" for nothing.

;)

21. macrumors 68000

Dirtyharry50

I just read elsewhere that this is a Cider port? Can someone confirm if that is really correct and better still give us some feedback on how the game performs and on what hardware, etc.? Thanks! :D

22. macrumors regular

TheGreatWumpus

It is a Cider port. I checked the app.

The game runs flawlessly on 1920x1080 rez and High settings across the board. My comp specs are in my signature.

A friend of mine however reported that the game ran horribly on his Mac Pro with an Nvidia card. He was curious if the game was badly optimized for Nvidia cards. I can't say as I don't have one, but it runs great on my iMac.

23. macrumors 68000

Dirtyharry50

Thank you very much. Well that is good news about the performance. I have a mid-2011 iMac with the 6970m GPU so it sounds like I should be golden then. :D

24. macrumors 6502

It was barely worth the day or two rental on redbox to beat.

Let alone $30 app store a year or however long after release.

25. macrumors 6502

SingularityG

Same here. :(