Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Stike

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 31, 2002
Germany
Hey there everybody, I have a VERY strange bug to report. I was playing Max Payne on my machine with OS X2.4... when I quit the game, I was not able to launch ANY app!! Running apps worked, but quitting and launching.. and I got the same result.

To cure it, I wanted to log out, but it literally took minutes for the log-in screen to appear, and just afterwards it disappeared again. I had to push the reset button.

As a proof, I have a screenshot of apps I tried to launch. I hope you will never encounter this problem... (Don´t wonder about the look, I modded it a little :) )

Suspended
Jun 22, 2001
Re: Max Payne shot OS X.2.4!!

Originally posted by Stike
Hey there everybody, I have a VERY strange bug to report. I was playing Max Payne on my machine with OS X2.4... when I quit the game, I was not able to launch ANY app!! Running apps worked, but quitting and launching.. and I got the same result.

To cure it, I wanted to log out, but it literally took minutes for the log-in screen to appear, and just afterwards it disappeared again. I had to push the reset button.

As a proof, I have a screenshot of apps I tried to launch. I hope you will never encounter this problem... (Don´t wonder about the look, I modded it a little :) )

Hmm, I would take your cd back to where you bought it and ask for a refund. After repairing permissions and reinstalling naturally.

crazzyeddie

macrumors 68030
Dec 7, 2002
Florida, USA
i have had this problem before with different apps. When you click on the apps, they bounce in the dock but never start up. I don't get a warning, but its the same problem. I find that a simple restart fixes the problem. I have tried restarting the finder, logging out, force quitting all non-system processes and none of those work. Restarting is the only way i have seen to fix it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.