Ok, here goes: I'm a heavy internet user. I run a blog that often requires me to load (simultaneously) 20-25 tabs at once. I also use Photoshop from time to time to edit images, etc.. I have a formidable Asus UX31E that I like quite a bit, but I've been itching to give Apple a try for a while now. Here's the thing: Apple products cost 100% (!!!) more in my country than they do in the US/Canada. Yes, that's x2. Here's the other thing: My father is traveling to Thailand on 5/5/13. This presents an oppurtunity to buy not only an iPad Mini (decided not to hold on this one), but also an Apple laptop. However, looking at MacRumors Buyer Guide it says: Retina MacBook Pro - Neutral Macbook Air - Buy only if you need So that pretty much scractches the air off...? With the rMBP my concerns are as follows: 1. Rumors about bad screens? note that I will get very limited warranty in my country (despite Apple's international warranty) if my rMBP turns to be broken or something. 2. Neutral buy already? I wonder if this due to problematic hardware. Update: 3. Is the most of the web optimized for Retina? I'd hate to have my "web" exprience "runied" just because the retina display is overly awesome...perhaps wait a year or two until we're a bit more ready..? Considering the diffrence in price, should I go for a proven maxed out Air model ($100 more) , or swing the fences with the current 13'' rMBP? OR - Hold out until newer models are rolled, and take the risk of nobody around me going abroad (and willing to buy it for me)..? Note: the title and original post have been edited to better represent my dillemma.