Maxed Out New cMBP 15" i7 2.7/AG for $2049

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by dlimes13, May 2, 2013.

?

Steal Deal

1. Yes

4 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. dlimes13, May 2, 2013
    Last edited: May 6, 2013

macrumors 6502a

dlimes13

I am itching to get my cMBP back after trying the Retina's and Air's. I know all about the potential refresh at WWDC and normally I'd wait, but I have stumbled across a deal where I can get a maxed out i7 2.7/8 GB/1 TB w/ AG screen (upgrade HDD/RAM myself obviously) for $1726.84.

It's an open box item on a website (don't want to give it away in fear of someone else buying it).

Despite an imminent refresh, would you consider that a steal? Model MD546LL/A for reference. New it's $2049.99 which is still a great price, as Apple Refurbished is $2169.

Just want people's opinions before I purchase. Thanks!

EDIT: MacMall had the deal, I ordered it and they called me saying they cancelled it since it was out of stock... WTF, update your website!

Anyway, now I'm about to buy a new one for $2049.99 since I don't think they'll refresh the cMBP 15" but only the 13". Deal?

2. macrumors regular

3. thread starter macrumors 6502a

dlimes13

MacMall had the deal, I ordered it and they called me saying they cancelled it since it was out of stock... WTF, update your website!

Anyway, now I'm about to buy a new one for $2049.99 since I don't think they'll refresh the cMBP 15" but only the 13". Deal?

4. macrumors regular

Classic MacMall.

5. macrumors 603

justperry

If they do this in the country I am from they can not cancel and have to deliver the goods, otherwise it is false advertising/misleading people.
    Same for goods in a supermarket for instance, if it is labelled for $1 but checkout says $2 they have to sell it for $1.