May 2 is Apple announcement day(?)

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Toe, Apr 21, 2003.

1. Toe macrumors 65816

Toe

I don't quite get it. Everyone seems convinced that Apple's making a big announcement on April 28, Monday.

Yet I've heard from two different, reliable sources that Apple is holding a special sales event and audio presentation on May 2, Saturday.

Don't believe me? Look at what Mac Business Solutions, a mac retailer, says is happening on May 2.

Could this be a 2-part announcement? Or perhaps an announcement on the 28th, but a big, showy presentation on the 2nd?

You be the judge...

2. Flowbee macrumors 68030

Flowbee

Um, I think that's just an in-store sales event. I don't think anyone from Apple will be there to make a big announcement. I don't think Apple's ever introduced a product in Gaithersburg, MD.

It says at the bottom "Also, come see the latest announcements from Apple." I take this to mean that the announcements will have already been made.

3. Toe thread starter macrumors 65816

Toe

Now ThinkSecret is reporting it too. May 2 is a big event in Apple Stores, as well as this other reseller.

4. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Thank you for the information! :) I will put it down in my calendar for a must attend. We have a new Apple Store at the Chestnut Hill Mall, maybe they will have their grand openning that day also! Look forward to another chance at an Apple T-Shirt! :)

5. MarksEvilTwin macrumors regular

6. maradong macrumors 65816

maradong

Perhaps the 900 mhz ibook or the 12'' pb with keyboard backlight ( just dreaming ). Well i hope tey will include this feature relatively fast

7. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

umm... missed the whole 'audio' point of this thread, didn't we?

it's probably just a demo; either Apple is having a big demo day that day, or that's when this particular company is getting their new stock (presumably bigger ipods)... its not uncommon for a new product to be unveiled followed by store events for a couple of weeks later...

pnw

8. bennetsaysargh macrumors 68020

bennetsaysargh

i want to go. i hope they have new iPods by then because i've been waiting too long for one. jaguar-ish kind of event it said.

im so excited!

9. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

If it is that kind of event that could mean they might have a 10 - 20% discount if you purchase a CPU. Though Steve may have a suprise for us!
    Waiting on information about our Chestnut Hill Store! ;)

10. bennetsaysargh macrumors 68020

bennetsaysargh

at the stocking stuffer night thing in very late november of last year, they had the whole store discounted. 10gb iPods were only $369 without tax, which here in NY it would have been around $394 with tax. 5gb were $270 w/o tax and $290 with tax, and 20 gb were $460 and with tax around $490. JBL Creature speakers were $30 off. and there was a dicount on computers also. i think 10%.