Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maradong

macrumors 65816
Mar 7, 2003
Luxembourg
edesignuk said:
What one is that? Both of these I made from other pics, none were titled Think Sexy :confused:
The picture on the left. I once had a wallpaper with these eyes. Actually it was pretty much identical to the yours, but it had got in the bottom, just bellow the eyes, in the middle the "string": 'Think Sexy' and in the next line, again in the middle was an apple icon.
It s difficult to explain :mad: But well. :eek:

trebblekicked

macrumors 6502a
Dec 30, 2002
Chicago, IL, USA
here's the tibook

just a pic of my sister's puppy.

Attachments

• Picture-1.jpg
    Picture-1.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 197

ballookey

macrumors member
May 2, 2004
May Desktop

monica.jpg

This is an illustration I just completed this morning based on a photo of Monica Bellucci. I was so happy with it that it's now my desktop and a glossy of it is hanging on my wall. I usually have my dock hidden, but my husband likes to see what apps other people are running, so I held it open for the screenshot.

TBR

macrumors 6502
Feb 14, 2004
Blackpool - England
Thats a bloody good image you've done of Monica Bellucci. Is it a piece of work for a client or something you've done for yourself.

Basically is it going to be available to download?

Diatribe

macrumors 601
Jan 8, 2004
Back in the motherland
TEG said:
My Desktop. The Guys are the main Characters in (T)raumschiff Surprise: Periode 1, a German Language Parody of Star Trek, Star Wars, and many other Sci-Fi Movies/Shows, including The Fifth Element. OK so I don't know much German, but it looks hilarious. And I'm hoping that at some point it is Dubbed to English, and released in the US.

Yeah, it is quite good. Actually, it's awsome. :D

Attachments

• Bild-1.jpg
    Bild-1.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 300

AmigoMac

macrumors 68020
Aug 5, 2003
l'Allemagne
Time to post ...

My Desk for this month is a very popular Colombian Transport Car, It's a pic a friend of mine gave me but I did the extra work on Illustrator. ;)

Greetings from Germany... :)

P.S... Had to edit this post, I was forgetting the pic.. :eek:

Attachments

• desk.jpg
    desk.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 210

straphound

macrumors member
Jul 23, 2002
Ohio
This is a picture I shot last month at the shooting range. I am getting into target shooting and was at the range with a friend. While he was off doing his thing, I was bored and took this picture.

Attachments

• desktop copy.jpg
    desktop copy.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 232

Diatribe

macrumors 601
Jan 8, 2004
Back in the motherland
blue&whiteman said:
Diatribe: very nice :)

Thanks, I have so many awsome desktops that I cannot decide sometimes, I wonder if I will be able to use any of them if I'd decide on a 15" instead of the 12"pb since all of them have standard resolutions.

maradong

macrumors 65816
Mar 7, 2003
Luxembourg
ballookey said:
monica.jpg

This is an illustration I just completed this morning based on a photo of Monica Bellucci. I was so happy with it that it's now my desktop and a glossy of it is hanging on my wall. I usually have my dock hidden, but my husband likes to see what apps other people are running, so I held it open for the screenshot.
I don't know very much about photoshop & the rest, but is there a possibility to put a picture in the resolution of 1440x900 up :confused:

markjones05

macrumors 6502a
Jan 15, 2003
Brooklyn, NY
can someone please explain to me what is going on. Ive been posting pictures here for a long time. I would push shift option 3 take a sceen shot open up the pdf and export the image to a jpeg at 102400bytes. now when i do that and try to import it onto these forums it says the file is too big. so i look at get info for the jpeg and it say 136 kb wich is in fact over the limit of 100kb for this site. So i go back and cchange the target size to a lower number and yet it still saves at 136kb. Why?

ballookey

macrumors member
May 2, 2004
markjones05 said:
can someone please explain to me what is going on. Ive been posting pictures here for a long time. I would push shift option 3 take a sceen shot open up the pdf and export the image to a jpeg at 102400bytes. now when i do that and try to import it onto these forums it says the file is too big. so i look at get info for the jpeg and it say 136 kb wich is in fact over the limit of 100kb for this site. So i go back and cchange the target size to a lower number and yet it still saves at 136kb. Why?

Well, never mind. I thought I had the answer, but I just tried it again and it worked. Since I can't delete this post, I'll just edit it and send myself to the corner to think about what I've done. Sorry.

At any rate, I'd suggest using an image editor for that sort of thing. They work more predictably.

markjones05

macrumors 6502a
Jan 15, 2003
Brooklyn, NY
ballookey said:
The "target size" in Preview is just another option for setting the JPG quality. You can either adjust it with the slider, or by setting a "target size". Preview will TRY to hit the target size by decreasing the JPG quality, but even at low quality, it may not be able to reach the target size if it's set low in relation to the size of the image - which is the problem you're encountering.

What you need to do is use an image editing program, such as Graphic Converter, PhotoElements, Photoshop, Fireworks, or whatever and scale the image down to meet your kb needs. Then save it on the maximum JPG quality that you can while staying within your allotted size. (no one likes to see crappy JPGS. If it's worth showing an image, it's worth showing a decent one.)

Wich one of those is free? And why am i suddenly encountering this problem when it has always worked perfectly in the past?

ballookey

macrumors member
May 2, 2004
markjones05 said:
Wich one of those is free? And why am i suddenly encountering this problem when it has always worked perfectly in the past?

You can get a free trial of Graphic Converter from download.com. I've used it on the free trial indefinitely. But I just changed my original post, because I realized it does work as you described. I can't say why it works inconsistently, though.

markjones05

macrumors 6502a
Jan 15, 2003
Brooklyn, NY
ballookey said:
You can get a free trial of Graphic Converter from download.com. I've used it on the free trial indefinitely. But I just changed my original post, because I realized it does work as you described. I can't say why it works inconsistently, though.

Ok can u explain to me how to use graphic converter because i go to save as, and then change the kb to 100 and yet it still saves it as a jpeg at 220 kb.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.