May I?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by kcb5260, Mar 15, 2007.

1. kcb5260 macrumors newbie

I have a Dell Dimension that came with Windows XP.Is there any way to install Mac software(even if it means reformatting hard drive)?Also, after reading several biased articles on Mac vs Windows, Where can I get the real unbiased scoop?These may be silly questions but I am thinking of going to Mac and am not that savvy with tech of computers
    Thank You

2. Teh Don Ditty macrumors G4

Teh Don Ditty

In short, no.

3. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

It does not fall under the user license agreement, in another word it is not allowed, frowned upon. I will stop short of saying it's illegal.

It can be done. It's a lot more involved process then installing OS X on a Mac or XP on a PC. You also lose a lot of the benefits that make OS X so damn cool. in other words running OS X on a PC does not do the OS justice.

4. kcb5260 thread starter macrumors newbie

5. neyoung macrumors member

As far as unbiased opinions about Mac's you'll be hard pressed to find them. Mac users love their OS X and will usually defend it to the death. The windows users who have never used a Mac will usually call Macs crap and won't give it the time of day. Your best bet at seeing how nice Macs are is to look at the users themselves. How many windows users do you read about that switch from Windows to Mac? How many switch from Mac to Windows? That should be a good indicator as to which machines are better :)