Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

VespR

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 16, 2004
Hi all,

On the PC version of Maya, by pressing CTRL and the different mouse buttons you could do a series of different movements within Maya. The left button provided a rotate, horizontally and vertically. The right button acted as a zoom in and out. And the middle button would pan.

However, I can't seem to Pan in Maya which is becoming increasingly frustrating because I would like to zoom in close to do high detail, yet I cannot pan up and down against my image planes.

Does anyone know how to fix this problem? Cheers

(Oh and I have a 3 button mouse, logitech mx1000)

cairo

macrumors regular
May 6, 2005
alt button for PC keyboard... also you may need to setup ur 3button mouse so that the middle button is a click instead of something else...

VespR

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 16, 2004
no no, i'm on the mac. my middle button just does the same function as my left button.

James Philp

macrumors 65816
Mar 5, 2005
Oxford/London
VespR said:
no no, i'm on the mac. my middle button just does the same function as my left button.
Well you can change that for a start!
Depending on the mouse you can get a system pref that supersedes the mouse one.
If it's a MS one look here for the intellipoint software.

chocomac

macrumors newbie
Sep 2, 2008
middle mouse button in Mac for Maya

Hi everyone,
I've just started working with Maya in Mac, I have the apple mouse that comes with the imac, my middle mouse was set on "dashboard" and i changed it to button 3 and I thought that would help me with using the middle button for Maya! but it didn't, can anyone help me and tell what I should do to set my middle mouse button for using it in Maya ( especially for using it in Time Slider for animating)!

hosch

macrumors newbie
Jul 1, 2009
Republic of Texas
I am having exactly the same issue ... not sure what to set the middle mouse button (when pressed). Does anyone know what to set it to for Maya functions to work properly?

BTW - I am using a Logitech Wave Pro wireless keyboard and mouse.

hosch

macrumors newbie
Jul 1, 2009
Republic of Texas
Ok, I figured this out and wanted to post the resolution in case it helps someone else out. Here is what to do:

1. Set middle mouse button (when pressed) to "click"
2. Set internal "click" settings to "middle click"

Hope that helps:).

hansungyu

macrumors newbie
Oct 5, 2010
Process to disable the middleboard dashboard

Simply go to System Preference - >Expose & Spaces(or dashboard setting) - > set Dashboard Hide and show mouse selection to empty(which is -)

and thats it!!

Diepi

macrumors newbie
Mar 29, 2011
Maya movements in macbook

Go to Maya - > preferences -> interface
set in Devices: mouse tracking : 2 bottons
save

movements in trackpad:

alt + click -----> rotates grid
2 fingers -------> zoom in/out
alt + cmd + click----> moves horizontally

FranklynGrant

macrumors newbie
Jan 28, 2012
New York City
This guy is a GENUIS in my eyes (Mac Maya Pan issue resolved)

Diepi has solved the :apple: Mac Pan issue thousands were and are still having. This issue set me back in school so bad I have to start over because no one with Majic Mouse was able to get Pan working.

This post needs a better Tag so it can be found cause you should make millions on this hahahah THANK Diepi

Go to Maya - > preferences -> interface
set in Devices: mouse tracking : 2 bottons
save

movements in trackpad:

alt + click -----> rotates grid
2 fingers -------> zoom in/out
alt + cmd + click----> moves horizontally

thekev

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2010
removed the necro- quote...

Some of the control functions are replaced with the command key on a mac. In Windows that key would bring up the Windows bar. That always annoyed me. It's not like you access it often. Why should it take up important modifier space?

ashleysdemise

macrumors newbie
Dec 11, 2012
Thanks Diepi

That was annoying trying to use third-party software to fix the issue. Your solution works perfectly. Best wishes

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.