Maya PLE and OS X 10.1.5

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by cb911, Jun 17, 2002.

1. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

i've got Maya PLE and the only reason i haven't installed it yet is because some people were haveing problems of not being able to use it in 10.1.4. but now that i've got 10.1.5 i was wondering if any of the problems have been fixed. does anyone know? i've still got to have a look at the Alias Wavefront site, and i might send them an e-mail. but if anyone can help me i would really apreciate it.

2. chibianh macrumors 6502a

chibianh

I've been playing with it on and off since i had 10.1.4 and never had any problems.. what kind of problems are you talking about, btw?

3. cb911 thread starter macrumors 601

cb911

in 10.1.4 there were problems of installing Maya PLE and then not being able to run it properly, and not being able to un-install it either. i checked the AliasWavefront website yesterday and they say that all the problems that it had with 10.1.4 are fixed with 10.1.5. i can't wait to use it, i've been waiting for the problems to be fixed and now finally 10.1.5 has fixed it.

you say you've been using Maya PLE in 10.1.4? without any problems? you're pretty lucky. have you got 10.1.5 yet? is Maya PLE still working fine?

4. 8thDegreeSavage macrumors 6502

I just went to a seminar at Alias/Wavefronts studio/headoffice here in Toronto, and the dude was flying around with no issues, using the 10.1.5 build.
    I also rock this same build and have no probs with either the full commercial install or the PLE edition.

I won some software too while there...which was cool.

5. cb911 thread starter macrumors 601

cb911

i'm going to install Maya PLE as soon as i get a chance.

you won some software!!! cool!!:cool:
    what did you win?

6. 8thDegreeSavage macrumors 6502

I won a full copy of Maya...

JK!!!...no i won some Realviz software(who did part of the presentation) its called Stitcher and is pretty dope, it creates killer 3D panoramas from digital photos..or digitized photos...it actually creates a QTVR type of shot in seconds...its pretty cool. and it was free!...i suggest checking out some of stuff Realviz does if thats your cup of tea..:D
    www.realviz.com the image modeler is pretty cool..i kind of wish I scored that instead...Stitcher will provide me with some fun though....

7. cb911 thread starter macrumors 601

cb911

alright!!! you won a full copy of Maya!!!!!!!!

oh, man.:( that would have been real cool though...
    i guess it's good to win some software, Stitcher is pretty cool. that should keep you busy for a while.

back on the subject fo Maya PLE, i just installed it last night. it unstuffd the file and it made another file just named 'MayaPLE351img'. then i clicked on that and it couldn't find a program to open it. then i renamed it to .dmg and it worked fine, although i haven't used it yet....

has anyone had problems like this?

8. 8thDegreeSavage macrumors 6502

I dunno bro, installation of PLE was a breeze and it has not caused me any problems in the slightest.:p

9. cb911 thread starter macrumors 601

cb911

it looks like it installed ok, but i haven't run it yet. i've only got 256MB RAM, i should really get that extra 256....