Maya PowerBook

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by nepali_gurkha, May 15, 2005.

1. nepali_gurkha macrumors newbie

May 10, 2005

Im planing on buying a laptop. I was wondering how maya would ron on a 1.67Ghz 1GB ram, do u think that would be sufficient in running it well? I was planing on getting a 15", and the 128mb of VRam. I don't know what to do. Do u guys think the G5 powerbooks will comeout anytime soon. Im willling to wait until Auguest or September. What do u guys think.

2. Winstonp macrumors 6502a

Jan 2, 2005
    If you have ever seen the inside of an iMac you should know this answer.
  3. nepali_gurkha thread starter macrumors newbie

May 10, 2005
    what do u mean

I asked if maya (a 3d program) would run well on a G4 1.67 Powerbook, 1GB of Ram and 128 of VRAM. What does that have to do with the inside of a imac.
  4. sonofapplepm macrumors member

Apr 5, 2005
    Wheatland, Ia
    I believe that he was refering to the G5 Pwerbook question. As in the fact that it will be very hard to put a G5 in such a small package. There will not be a G5 Powerbook anytime soon. As for the Maya question, I don't have an answer! Sorry.
  5. Hoef macrumors 6502a

Jul 11, 2004
    Houston, TX..... (keep walking)
    I think he/she means that they can fid the stuff in an imac, a powerbook is underway. Not sure if Maya would run ok ... currently Maya on a dual PM without a glitch
  6. agreenster macrumors 68000

Dec 6, 2001
    Walt Disney Animation Studios
    I used to run Maya on a 1ghz PowerBook pretty regularly (64mb video card, 1gig ram). Its a bit sluggish, especially compared to my dual 2ghz G5, which is still kinda slow compared to a 3ghz+ P4. But that was 1ghz, so a 1.67 might be pretty slick.

Useable? Yes. Powerful? No.