Maybe I don't hate the ROKR

Discussion in 'iPod' started by livingfortoday, Sep 12, 2005.

1. livingfortoday macrumors 68030

Sorry if people have posted similar sentiments before, I'm just kinda thinking out loud here.

So, at first I thought the Motorola ROKR (ie the iTunes phone) was a really stupid idea. I mean, yeah, I've wanted an all-in-one device like that for a while, but the 100 song limit seemed pretty dumb to me. But this week, after missing a dozen calls because I was biking with my shuffle on, I realized how useful that darn thing would be. I mean, my 512MB shuffle holds about 120 songs, and I really don't have a problem with that, and if I could get calls at the same time... dang, that's a real reason to get that phone right there. Plus, the similar Sony Walkman phone costs nearly $200 more, so maybe the ROKR isn't such a bad idea after all.

I guess when prices come down during the holidays I'll try and see if I can get one cheap. I could probably sell this new phone I got and my old shuffle for a decent chunk of change to cover it, too. Hmm...

Edit: Actually, I'm seeing most people hate this phone. Yeah, I know it looks like crap compared to other offerings from Apple, but what the hey, it's a phone, not an iPod.

2. swindmill macrumors 6502a

swindmill

I agree that if you think of it as a phone and not an iPod, it's actually kind of cool. It won't replace an iPod but it certainly would be a nice addition to the possibilities you'd have when wanting portable music. My only problem with it would be the functionality of the phone. It has BT, which is currently the only must have for me. I wouldn't go out and buy it, but if I was looking for a new phone, the ROKR would certainly get some consideration.