Maybe i should swap MBP for iMac and MB

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by daneoni, Jan 14, 2007.

1. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

So i've been trying to get two issues with my MBP resolved. Battery no longer being recognised and Trackpad going wonky. Went to complain about both and the genius ordered a replacement battery for me on the spot. However, he could not verify anything wrong with the track and said "within spec".

Now i just a have an expensive "desktop" computer with a wonky trackpad and im not even sure when the new battery comes, the situation will be resolved because my current battery is still showing 3/4 full charge capacity, its just not being recognised by the notebook and will only work on AC power.

Im just not feeling the whole situation. This is my only computer and its hampered my work alot this week (me not having a battery) as im tied to walls with sockets, combined with the fact that the magsafe occasionally pops out making me lose my work ever so often due to sudden switch offs.

Im now considering moving to desktops since i dont seem to have much luck with laptops. I love laptops and my uni course makes laptops necessary although not compulsory for me but so far only my old 12 inch PB was issueless. All others.......

I was considering getting an ACD for my MBP but since the above incidents, im considering selling my MBP and getting a 20/24" iMac and maybe a lowend macbook. This way, even if something goes wrong with one (which is likely given Apple's current QC) i can have a backup machine to fall back on.

Ugh!, i dunno, i just felt like ranting cos the magsafe just popped out again a few minutes ago.

2. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

How does your magsafe pop out? I've never had that happen. Is there something sitting close to it, exerting pressure on it from above or something?

3. mac000 macrumors 6502a

4. xfiftyfour macrumors 68030

xfiftyfour

If you do sell it, insist that Apple fixes all the issues for you first, or replaces it.

Selling a laptop with issues will get you a lot less than you deserve, and if you're fortunate enough to get a new one completely, then you'll get even more so long as you don't open it (cause you can sell it as brand new, sealed).

Personally, I think keeping up with two computers is annoying, but I definitely understand the concept of having a backup. Plus sometimes I really wish I had a desktop and a lesser lappy, but I just don't think either would get enough use to warrant that setup.

Good luck either way!

5. daneoni thread starter macrumors G4

daneoni

No it means any slight significant movement and the things falls off...such as getting up, moving to the left. Admittedley the cable often catches something like a table or my hand/feet. I understand its doing its job (magsafe) but it still can be a little cumbersome. I guess it never really bothered me because i had a battery but now........

My thoughts exactly but i dunno, having two machines sure seems attractive now. We'll see...