Mayweather vs Gatti

Discussion in 'Community' started by Dont Hurt Me, Jun 25, 2005.

1. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Tonights the night, i wonder if Mayweather will be able to back up all that Lip? If i was a betting man i would say he has the skills and will take it. On the otherhand i would love for Gatti to put him in his place. I have seen many fights by both these guys and wouldnt pay for a Mayweather fight but would for Arturo. Allways a lot of fun to watch Gatti. opinions?

2. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

3. Zman5225 macrumors 6502a

I'm a huge fan of Gatti myself. Last night I watched that HBO special that leads up to this fight. Like you I've also watched a lot of fights with these two and I hope Gatti beats the living daylights out of Mayweather. Should be a good fight but I can see it going either way. Gatti has the power to easily put Floyd out and has pretty good speed and a never say die heart that'll keep him going. On the other hand Floyd is hard to hit and has tremendous handspeed but no real power to back him up. Remember he's moving up a weight class so his punches might not be as effective either. I can't wait to watch it!

*Z

4. Zman5225 macrumors 6502a

Yes it's HBO PPV :(

%Z

5. Dont Hurt Me thread starter macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Hey iJon, yeah its on PPV. wish it was HBO instead but money is money. I have a feeling we may see Arturo chasing Mayweather around. I hope not. Its much better boxing when the two can just go at it but having seen boring mayweather fights with him dodging and being chased we will have to see. Go Gatti!

6. Dont Hurt Me thread starter macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Heres hoping that a brawler can take out a boxer :D They weighed in this morning Gatti's 140 lbs vs Floyds 139

Attached Files:

7. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

I've been getting some good no name matches on my new HD channels with Cox. Those people beat the s*** out of each other. Reminded me a lot of the Muay Thai boxing I watched in Bangkok.

jon

8. craigdawg macrumors 6502

I'm pulling for Gatti, but I think Mayweather will win a decision. The more I hear Mayweather talk, the more I hate him. One thing for sure though, Gatti's face will be all busted up by the end of the bout.

9. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

Hey, can we keep spoilers out of this? Don't anyone post who won. I'd be mighty pissed.

10. Dont Hurt Me thread starter macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

You got to be kidding, its all over the news. It was a sad fight and ill leave it at that. It was a non contest.