MB 2 or MBP 1?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by gorenut, Jan 22, 2007.

1. gorenut macrumors member

Which would you guys prefer to purchase? Both laptops are on sale at my school.. Macbook 2 and Macbook Pro 1. The Macbook CD2 is about 150-200 dollars off retail while the Macbook Pro CD1 is about 500 dollars off.

2. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

i had the same choice a month ago, choosing between a c2d macbook and a cd macbook pro that was only $1200 new. i'm not big on gaming, and i like the smaller footprint of the macbook, so macbook i went.

3. MacDonaldsd macrumors 65816

MacDonaldsd

Id personally prefer the macbook pro but im sure a lot of people will disagree.

Id want the extra screen size it has, over the macbooks portability

4. MovieCutter macrumors 68040

MovieCutter

I still don't understand why people ask "What would you buy?" It's a purely personal choice. If you need a graphics card and larger screen, buy a MacBook Pro. If you need a smaller notebook and don't need a graphics card, buy a MacBook. I'm a pro user, therefore, I only buy MacBook Pros. If you only surf the net and email and use iLife, then go with a MacBook. It's very simple really.

5. phungy macrumors 68020

phungy

6. gorenut thread starter macrumors member

I simply asked because if they were both CD2s, I would choose the pro. I've just heard bad things about CD1s