Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Laes

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 2, 2011
Hey guys, just been noticing something weird happening with the battery on my 13" Ultimate Air I got just under a week ago,

It seems that when I put it to sleep it still loses battery power? I had it 100% charged last night before going to work, went to work today and turned it on for about 10 mins just to go on Safari over wifi, this seemed to drop the battery to about 97% when I was done, so that's fine.

I put it to sleep again, have just come home from work and I wake it up, it now shows 93% battery?

Am I missing something here? I know for a fact the machine definitely went to sleep :confused:

Also, with battery calibration, does it affect the percentage shown or just the estimated time remaining?

jace88

macrumors 6502
Jan 3, 2011
Sydney, Australia
1. It still uses battery even in sleep.. but not much.
2. I found that the battery estimation is based on whatever task is/recently was running and maybe the act of turning it on is what's causing the spike. This is a bit of a moot point if you have your battery meter set to % though.
3. Try running the Macbook Air in for a while (i.e. calibrate the battery) and then see how it goes. Could just be new.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.