MB C2D vs. CD MBP

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by suneohair, Feb 7, 2007.

1. suneohair macrumors 68020

suneohair

I am having a touch time deciding between these two.

I can get a 15.4" 1.83Ghz MBP for $1100, it is used still under warranty. Everything else stock. I would take the RAM to 2GB.

I could possibly get a used C2D 2GB Macbook for $1100 - $1150.

What would be the best way to go? I will be using aperture for photography and at home it will be hooked up to a 20" and my BT keyboard and mouse on an iCurve :).

Any suggestions?

2. holamiamigos macrumors 6502a

i have handled both of them for an extensive amount of time and it is really hard to tell which is faster in my opinion... well i guess the macbook should be faster.... but then there is also screen size.... so i guess its all up to your preference...

3. phungy macrumors 68020

phungy

Have you had a chance to play around with both? If not, go to a nearby Apple store. I know they won't have CD MBPs but at least you'll get a feel for the build/exterior.

Tough choice. I'd go with the C2D MB.

4. ®îçhå®? macrumors 68000

®îçhå®?

C2D MB in my opinion. You probably will not need the extra screen size as you have an external monitor at home. I have a standard blackbook and it is very fast even running photoshop and 4 other programmes.

5. Passante macrumors 6502a

Passante

The Core 2 duos all have the N wifi card. Core duos do not. So if that matters

However the MBP has the ExpressCard/34 which is handy for wireless broadband

Don't know if aperture runs faster with the video card in the MBP

6. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

MBP, hands down, C2D's advantage u probably won't notice, but better graphic's advantage is clear and everywhere.