Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Paul Wright

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 24, 2006
Germany
Im not complaining about the macbook casing, as atm thats the least that bothers me.

for everyone out there who has realised how paranoid i am... im over it now, the whole scratches thing was a waste... because today i was sat in starbucks and this man came in with a Macbook and it was as scratches as and like the people who were checking it out didnt give 2 and it was hardly visable when not in the light :)

anyway to the point

Does anyone notice that above the USB ports on the right hand side of the MB the plastic is able to be pushed in and abover the CD ROM drive theres a bit that bulges out?? Maybe its just mine but ive definatly seen other people with this aswell. Oh and btw is the Macbook lid supposed to be able to move from side to side when closed... i think it is as if it was tight you probably wouldnt be able to open it becuase of the magnets

anyway im still waiting for repairs 10-15 days extra .... sent it in on tuesday, they will probably have it longer than ive actualyl owned it, oh well it will be worth the wait :p

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

iW00t

macrumors 68040
Nov 7, 2006
Defenders of Apple Guild
Now that you mentioned I noticed it too... but who cares!

You push on the plastic above the optical drive slot, it feels rigid alright, but if you stare at the plastic you see it give... slightly.

The lid moves from side to side slightly when closed. Perhaps that is just because this thing is made by humans in human factories? You won't have such expectations from a Dell, why impose them on Apple?

Paul Wright

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 24, 2006
Germany
Now that you mentioned I noticed it too... but who cares!

You push on the plastic above the optical drive slot, it feels rigid alright, but if you stare at the plastic you see it give... slightly.

The lid moves from side to side slightly when closed. Perhaps that is just because this thing is made by humans in human factories? You won't have such expectations from a Dell, why impose them on Apple?

Meh i dont care... its just weird i guess :) i dont know, well the design is good but shows too many flaws, probably because of the design i just picked up on it then again dells laptop design isnt anything to die for is it :rolleyes:

iW00t

macrumors 68040
Nov 7, 2006
Defenders of Apple Guild
IMO, apart from the white colour I actually like this Macbook I got here then the MBP that is in a service centre.

It is so quiet, and smooth feeling, and solid :D

Paul Wright

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 24, 2006
Germany
IMO, apart from the white colour I actually like this Macbook I got here then the MBP that is in a service centre.

It is so quiet, and smooth feeling, and solid :D

Yeah the white colour isnt too good, i would of got pro but its too expensive for the stuff i do, how longs your MBP been in a service centre for?

The closest one in germany to me has had problems getting a new LCD :mad: but thats life

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.