Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RadarLove

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 13, 2006
I recall during my pre-switch research that some people complained about the default Color Profile on the MB... has anyone actually calibrated their MB display using a hardware calibration tool (Spyder, etc)? If so, would you mind sharing the profile here?

Irish Dave

macrumors regular
Nov 20, 2006
The Emerald Isle
Not yet but soon

I use a Spyder 2 Pro to calibrate the Apple 23" attached to my G5.

I have ordered the Core 2 duo Mac Book which hopefully will arive in a week or so. The first thing I will do after installing photoshop is calibrate the display. I will let you know how close the default settings are.

Dave :)

RadarLove

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 13, 2006
Nice... looking forward to your results!

I use a Spyder 2 Pro to calibrate the Apple 23" attached to my G5.

I have ordered the Core 2 duo Mac Book which hopefully will arive in a week or so. The first thing I will do after installing photoshop is calibrate the display. I will let you know how close the default settings are.

Dave :)

Irish Dave

macrumors regular
Nov 20, 2006
The Emerald Isle
where does one find this calibration tool? the macbook lcd isn't the best, i hope its the settings

Colorvision make three versions of their "SPYDER" claibration system.
Spyder 2 express (Bottom of the range) and cheapest. GOOD RESULTS
Spyder 2 suite Middle of the range BETTER RESULTS
Spyder 2 Pro Top of the range and the most expensive BEST RESULTS

Ideally all displays should be calibrated at least once a month.

The Spyder range can be bought from any good computer store.

If you are working with images, you really need a calibrated display. If your colours are not displayed correctly how can you make colour adjustments with confidence.

Dave

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.