MB is first new mac in 5 years, iPhoto capabilities?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by H&E, May 20, 2006.

1. H&E macrumors newbie

With the introduction of the new MB, I'm finally going to be moving on from my 5 year old, 500Mhz G3 iBook with a whopping 256MB of RAM and a 10GB HD to a shiny new 2.0GHz white MB with 1GB of RAM and 80GB HD. The old trooper made it thru the abuse of undergrad and my first 2 years of vet school, but now that its battery has been non-functional for almost a year, I'm unbelievably excited to have a truly portable computer once again. Should be arriving sometime next week I imagine/hope (why is china so far away?). If anyone is looking for benchmarks to compare the two systems, I'd be happy to oblige once the MB has completed its journey from the orient;)

This summer I'm going to be helping out the pathology department at my school with cataloging and touching up a bunch of digital photo files that were created from their large collection of necropsy/histology slides. I was hoping that I'd be able to hold off on buying photoshop until the universal binary version came out and was wondering how capable iPhoto is at making small touchups, etc. The biggest issue would probably be adjusting contrast and setting white levels (histology photos taken through a microscope-mounted camera have a tendency to look yellowish where they should ideally be white). Do you think I'd be able to get away with just working with iPhoto? My current computer was just never quite up to the challenge of playing around with the program.

Thanks.

2. shadowmoses macrumors 68000

shadowmoses

I think you will be fine with iPhoto it allows for various touchups to be done aswell as other photo editing tools.....its come on leaps and bounds as a program in the past few years so it should do you fine.

Congrats on your MB purchase, hopefully theyl'l touch down soon,

ShadoW