Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

StartTday

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 17, 2006
I have a MacBook 2.0 Ghz that I bought back in May.
Things have been running well but something is worrying me.

For the past three days at least once a day the computer will just shut-off. No warning of any kind. This is all happened while I've been using Safari.

Any ideas and has this happened to anyone else?

Thanks...

nazdarky

macrumors newbie
Jun 4, 2006
Had same problem - Apple did super job fixing!

StartTday said:
I have a MacBook 2.0 Ghz that I bought back in May.
Things have been running well but something is worrying me.

For the past three days at least once a day the computer will just shut-off. No warning of any kind. This is all happened while I've been using Safari.

Any ideas and has this happened to anyone else?

Thanks...

My wife's MacBook (also purchased in May) suddenly started just shutting off. We took it to the local Apple store and it cooperated beautifully by shutting off the first time the Genius tried to do a system check. So, off to Apple's repair center it went.

According to the repair log, they replaced the logic board, the internal power converter, and several pieces of the case (no discoloration, but probably a preemptive move).

So, if you have a store close by, take it in. If not, the folks at Apple Care telephone service are also aware of these problems and can help you get your machine repaired. You know the deal, same advice your Grandma would have given you, be polite and insistent and you'll get what you want. They have to verify the problem but once verified, they were very responsive for us.

Good Luck!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.