MB or MBP??

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by awayguns, Mar 12, 2007.

  1. awayguns macrumors newbie

    Mar 12, 2007
    So I'm finally gonna upgrade my 1.07 ghz iBook G4. I'm planning one either getting the white 2.0 ghz Macbook or the 2.16 Macbook Pro. I'll mostly be using it for the internet and Photoshop. Will I need a MBP? I regret buying the entry level iBook 3 years ago. I feel that I should have gotten a PB instead. I feel that years from now, I'm gonna regret getting the MB because it won't be able to handle the things I need to do. I dont have a desktop and I'm on my laptop around 12 hours a day or even more. I need it soon but I heard that Apple might upgrade them. Does anyone know if Apple will upgrade them within this month?
  2. infz macrumors member


    Feb 25, 2007
    Waterloo, Ontario
    The short answer is no, not this month. Noone knows for sure, but it would be a shock to everyone here if an upgrade came so soon. The hardware will all likely be updated when Leopard is released, which likely won't be until May at the earliest.

    If you don't have a desktop, I'd say go for a MBP if you can, if only for the screen real-estate and higher resolution. But really, let your lifestyle decide. If you're going to be moving around with it a lot you might appreciate the portability of the MB, and with upgraded RAM and HD it is a very capable machine. I don't know how much better Photoshop will work on a MBP instead of a MB... You might care about the glossy screen vs. matte, and possibly the video card.
  3. nutmac macrumors 68030

    Mar 30, 2004
    Most likely, MB and MBP will get an update when Intel ships Santa Rosa platform in Q2 (800 MHz FSB, Intel GMA X3000 GPU, 802.11 a/b/g/n, NAND cache) along with Mac OS X 10.5 and iLife '07. I am guessing May or June time frame.

    As for MB vs. MBP, it really depends on your budget and portability requirements. Some people prefer to mate MB with external LCD, but your usage may vary.
  4. richard4339 macrumors 6502a


    Sep 6, 2006
    I found the best thing to do was to go to the Apple store and see the difference in person. Personally, after playing around with a MBP, I wanted it over the MB.
  5. Marky_Mark macrumors 6502a


    Sep 30, 2005
    Hey guys, does anyone think the screen resolution on the 15" MBP might go up if/when the model is upgraded?

    Don't mind if it's not available until WWDC. I don't want the 17" as it's too large, but would be prepared to wait if there was a consensus that the res was being upped alongside any other improvements. What's the mood on this one?


Share This Page