MB Screen Flicker/Flutter

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by iEric, Jan 29, 2007.

1. iEric macrumors 6502a

Hey,

my sister just (like 5 hours ago) bought a MB today and the screen is flickering and/or fluttering. I haven't seen it yet but i was just wondering if this is a common case among the MBs and i was wondering if they'll fix the screen or replace it.

thanks

eric

2. phungy macrumors 68020

phungy

Seems like you bought it at an Apple Store, I'd recommend taking it back and have the Genius Bar take a look at it. Mine kind of does that but only when my printer is ...well...printing.

3. iEric thread starter macrumors 6502a

well i bought it at my campus book store -- can i just bring it in to any apple service place?

4. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

My brother's does, I will take it to the store as soon as possible. However much I tell him, he takes really bad care of his machine, but I have a feeling that this is not his fault...his screen is always really dirty...

5. iW00t macrumors 68040

iW00t

Since it is bought 5 hours ago it is best to bring it back to the original shop to get a free new Macbook.

6. farenhyt macrumors newbie

The same thing happened to mine.

Recieved my Macbook, and noticed the screen flicker/flutter, i called apple care and we went throught the typical troubleshoot.

They said it's a DOA and that i could arrange a replacement.

However i continued to use it over the week end and the flutter only occurs when it initially starts up - when it's cold and when i'm burning CD/DVD in toast and the RAM goes below 20mb (i have 1.5gb atm)

I am hesitant to get a replacement atm coz ive been hearing that most new MBs are shipping with worse problems like constant flickering etc. So i'm gonna wait for my 2 week break and send it in for repair and make sure that it gets fixed rather than risk getting something worse.