Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mikefly

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 4, 2007
So.. I've figured out what I want, but can't seem to find it.

Looking for a streamlined sleeve - with a removable strap. (For MB)

Founds lots of options with a more spacious case, but nothing that's form-fitting.

I am sure it's out there -- anyone know where?

Mike

BlackMax

macrumors 6502a
Jan 14, 2007
North Carolina
I use the Incase Nylon Sleeve for 13-inch MacBook (Black). Works great for me. It is really thin and has a removable strap. I found mine at CompUSA for five dollars less than they have it at the Apple store.

tj699lla_125.jpg

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/wa/RSLID?mco=F7A10C11&nplm=TJ699LL/A

NsK

macrumors member
Dec 7, 2006
I have the marware sportfolio's one for the macbook........very nice and well padded.......pm me for details.....cause I might get rid of it since I dont' even use it

EvryDayImShufln

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2006
check this one...not sure about the removable strap
http://www.brenthaven.com/catalog-sleeves.html

I have this bag myself, and yes the strap is removable. It is very padded, to me it looks like you can drop it while carrying it and won't have any damage whatsoever, however I have not infact dropped mine and don't plan to lol. It's pretty small, but I wouldn't call it streamlined. It's more a balance of size and protection.

nutts

macrumors member
Jan 23, 2007
I would recommend Waterfield Design bags.
They will do the sleeve with or without a strap, a flap etc. Nice and customisable.

I had a sleeve from them for my old iBook, and I use some of their accessory bags now. Fantastic hand-built quality :D

skybolt

macrumors 6502a
Feb 20, 2005
Nashville, TN, USA
I absolutely agree with nutts -- Waterfield all the way for me! I've had their bags for all my laptops, and even give them as gifts. Great product, they fit the computer perfectly, customizable (straps, etc), and great customer service! I ordered the last one online on Saturday and had it in my hands (in Tennessee) on Tuesday! You would not regret getting one of these. Using it, I can carry my MB in a standard backpack, tote bag, etc. and nothing screams "laptop -- steal me".

scott523

macrumors 6502a
Sep 8, 2006
Saint Charles, MO
I use the Incase Nylon Sleeve for 13-inch MacBook (Black). Works great for me. It is really thin and has a removable strap. I found mine at CompUSA for five dollars less than they have it at the Apple store.
tj699lla_125.jpg

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/wa/RSLID?mco=F7A10C11&nplm=TJ699LL/A
I bought this sleeve at the Apple Store and it was the last one too. It works like a charm. It has nice gel-like padding around the sleeve enough to handle some dings every now and then, somewhat water resistant. The strap is convenient, it doesn't tangle up and easy to remove if you don't want it. :D

mistyz23

macrumors member
Feb 10, 2007
I had a hard time finding exactly what you asked for. I wanted a sleeve with moderate protection that wasn't bulky since it will go in my backpack. The designs out there are really lacking. I found a couple without sleeves that had awesome designs (one that looks like a Converse shoe) but they just didn't have all that I wanted. With that said, I'm making mine. Its going to have everything I want and I spent less than $10 on it. I'm almost done!! :D

I hope you find what you are looking for. If not, try making it!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.