MB Simple sleeve with strap.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mikefly, Feb 17, 2007.

1. mikefly macrumors regular

So.. I've figured out what I want, but can't seem to find it.

Looking for a streamlined sleeve - with a removable strap. (For MB)

Founds lots of options with a more spacious case, but nothing that's form-fitting.

I am sure it's out there -- anyone know where?

Mike

2. BlackMax macrumors 6502a

BlackMax

3. TheRaj macrumors newbie

4. kill-your-tv macrumors member

Define streamline? How bout this?

http://rushfaster.com.au/product.php?pProductID=ATKM-MIDI-GREY

5. NsK macrumors member

I have the marware sportfolio's one for the macbook........very nice and well padded.......pm me for details.....cause I might get rid of it since I dont' even use it

6. EvryDayImShufln macrumors 65816

EvryDayImShufln

I have this bag myself, and yes the strap is removable. It is very padded, to me it looks like you can drop it while carrying it and won't have any damage whatsoever, however I have not infact dropped mine and don't plan to lol. It's pretty small, but I wouldn't call it streamlined. It's more a balance of size and protection.

7. nutts macrumors member

I would recommend Waterfield Design bags.
    They will do the sleeve with or without a strap, a flap etc. Nice and customisable.

I had a sleeve from them for my old iBook, and I use some of their accessory bags now. Fantastic hand-built quality :D

8. skybolt macrumors 6502a

I absolutely agree with nutts -- Waterfield all the way for me! I've had their bags for all my laptops, and even give them as gifts. Great product, they fit the computer perfectly, customizable (straps, etc), and great customer service! I ordered the last one online on Saturday and had it in my hands (in Tennessee) on Tuesday! You would not regret getting one of these. Using it, I can carry my MB in a standard backpack, tote bag, etc. and nothing screams "laptop -- steal me".

9. alFR macrumors 68020

How about a Tom Bihn Brain Cell? Great drop protection, choice of straps, can be used inside another bag or on its own.

10. scott523 macrumors 6502a

I bought this sleeve at the Apple Store and it was the last one too. It works like a charm. It has nice gel-like padding around the sleeve enough to handle some dings every now and then, somewhat water resistant. The strap is convenient, it doesn't tangle up and easy to remove if you don't want it. :D

11. mistyz23 macrumors member

mistyz23

I had a hard time finding exactly what you asked for. I wanted a sleeve with moderate protection that wasn't bulky since it will go in my backpack. The designs out there are really lacking. I found a couple without sleeves that had awesome designs (one that looks like a Converse shoe) but they just didn't have all that I wanted. With that said, I'm making mine. Its going to have everything I want and I spent less than $10 on it. I'm almost done!! :D

I hope you find what you are looking for. If not, try making it!

12. tuladda macrumors newbie

13. tuladda macrumors newbie

Oh jeez! A year later! Sorry about that, I hope the bag you made worked out!