MB Sleeve Urgent!!!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by i-sidd, Jan 10, 2007.

1. i-sidd macrumors 6502a

Hi, I got my first MB and I am loving it every minute. However, I want to take good care of it. So my question is I now in Delaware and in two days I will be going back to school. I will be travelling and I don't want anythng to happen to the MB. So I don't have time to buy a sleeve online as by the time it will get delivered i will be gone. I wanted to buy the Booq sleeve, but looking at the situation now I have to buy something else, can i get a sleeve at the apple store. are those sleeves good?

Also I would like some suggestions on how to keep the MB clean. Can anyone recommend anything like Microfibre cloth or something that I can buy from a store and not online. And also something to clean the screen. Can I get something like this in stores like Staples, circuit city, best buy etc.

Any recommendations

Cheers!!!

2. crdean1 macrumors 6502a

crdean1

All stores carry good sleeves. Look at the Timbuktu (sp?) and the Brenthaven at Apple, both are good. At Comp USA, look at MacCase. Just make sure the zippers of the sleeve do not touch your MacBook in any way.

Edit: About keeping it clean, look at iKlear. Works great.

3. i-sidd thread starter macrumors 6502a

can I get Tibuktu sleeves at BB,CC or any other non online store.
    Also does apple store carry the incase sleeves. Also, what type of cloth should I get, where do I buy it from. Is there a specific name that I should be looking at.

4. crdean1 macrumors 6502a

crdean1

I believe Apple does carry the incase sleeves. I have not used them, but a sleeve is a sleeve. I have many, and I like the MacCase because there are no zippers. It just slides in and has a velcro closure. I have some pics and reviews in an old thread somewhere on here. The incase looks good because it doesn't zip all the way around (which is what I don't like about my booq), just at the top. Just get one with decent padding and again, make sure the zipper doesn't come into contact with the computer.

Look at their respective websites to see what they carry.

5. Mac'Mo macrumors 6502a

Mac'Mo

Wait why can't you order anything online? don't you have a mailbox at school? I understand you need it before transit, but you shouldn't just buy something brashly just to cover that span of maybe 1 day.

Just to answer some of your questions, the Apple stores seem to endorse incase (for everything from MBs to iPods) and that'll be prolly your only (or best) choice at the BM shop. The most common fabric i believe is neoprene.
    Also, I have read on this forum that the "Mr. Clean Magic Eraser" works well. I have used this on walls and it is pretty good but i have NOT used it on my MB (not to say it wont work, but i just haven't tried it)

6. phungy macrumors 68020

phungy

When are you leaving? Don't want to pay for overnight?

What you could possible do is buy a sleeve/case, do NOT remove the tags, return it when you get back and buy the Booq bag you want.

7. i-sidd thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks for the quick responses guys. I go to school in South Dakota and there are not many places at least in the town that I live in to get these things. I will be leaving in two days and will be carrying the MB in a backpack but I just want to add some more protectin to it from scratces and dents etc. so I was looking for something that I will use only for this travel. Once I reach there I will order the BOOq sleeve.

crdean1. since you have the booq sleeve, is it just becuase the zipper goes all around. I though that should be good since you can open the entire thing and its more easy to take the MB out. Other than that how do you like the quality of the booq would you suggest something else or would you still stick with the booq sleeve.

Cheers!!!

8. Mac'Mo macrumors 6502a

Mac'Mo

if its just for this trip, go to the apple store because you'll have the best chance of finding a sleeve tailor fitted for a MB.