MB slow boot up

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Steve563, Apr 3, 2007.

1. Steve563 macrumors newbie

All of a sudden my White 2GHz C2D MB hangs on the white screen when booting, just after the sound for about 10 seconds or so. It used to only be there for about a second. Would a format resolve this do you think? Or is it something more serious.

I have recently repaired the hard drive which had a 'header' problem, I cannot remember exactl.

Many thanks,

Steve

2. soLoredd macrumors 6502a

Mines doing that too, it's right after the Apple tone. I actually came to find an answer, hopefully someone will know.

I did just uninstall BootCamp since I wasn't using XP much and I'm thinking that it might still be looking for that partition - although I don't know why. I ran OnyX in automation mode, restarted several times, and I still get the same 'lag'. It might be bothering me more than it should but I'd still like to know why it's doing it.

:)

3. soLoredd macrumors 6502a

Ok, Steve, I just tried something and it worked.

Go to System Preferences > Startup Disk and select your Macintosh HD as the startup disk. After selecting it, shut down your Mac and then restart. The Apple now shows on my screen immediately after the Apple tone.

4. Steve563 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ah good call, I just uninstalled Boot Camp too. I'll give it try.

Cheers man!

Steve