MBA 11 keyboard touching screen?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by kkel19, Mar 13, 2011.

1. macrumors member

I noticed I get a keyboard imprint (wipe off-able) on my screen after awhile when I open the MBA. Anyone notice this?

2. macrumors 601

vincenz

If youre picky/particular about it, I'm sure you can get it exchanged. Sounds like it's off by a mm or two. It's happened to other MacBooks and MacBook pros.

3. macrumors newbie

I'm using a RadTech ScreenSavrz for MacBook Air 11" and it works a treat. Protects the screen and also using as a wipe for the screen. Highly recommended as I use a Moshi keyboard protector which touches the screen.

4. thread starter macrumors member

man 17 bucks for a piece of cloth? good god. I wonder where I can just buy a super big microfiber cloth and lay it on on my mba when I close it.

5. macrumors regular

I had my screen replaced for light scratches caused by the kb. Unfortunately, they are not removable and a couple of days ago I noticed the same marks on the new screen. I began using a slim sloth on the kb whenever I close that laptop. :mad:

6. thread starter macrumors member

decided to just go with the screensavrz on amazon for 14 bucks...didnt wanna take any chances

7. macrumors 603

It could just be the dust on and between the key caps falling on the display when the clamshell is closed and the device tilted.

Try keeping your keyboard a lot cleaner; brush it off and shake it out upside down before closing. Maybe use a vacuum on it.