1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

MBA 13? running dual 24" external monitors with Matrox TripleHead2Go DP??

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by hoodriverlife, Apr 18, 2011.

1. macrumors newbie

I am trying to figure out whether to jump on a MBA 2.14 4gb 256 now, or wait until Sandy Bridge (as debated by many others here)...

But the real hold-back for me is whether i can successfully run my two external 24" samsung monitors (at 1920 x 1200) when i am not traveling. I see the Matrox TripleHead2Go DP Edition... which supports a resolution of 3840x1200 (2x 1920x1200) and btw, I hear that a cooling mat/device may be required...

Q: Are there MacBook Air 13" folks successfully using the Matrox unit?

As a follow up, I wonder if the graphic unit for the upcoming Sandy bridge will make supporting a 3840x1200 resolution less achievable, and I'd be better off going for the current model...

2. macrumors newbie

For what it's worth I'm using a displaylink USB video adapter for my second monitor (running at 1920x1200).

It's great for Xcode and anything text related, even if it does slow down significantly for video. If you just want to do e-mail and word processing in one monitor it might be a good fit for you.

Also, Plugable has great support. I received a DOA unit and they replied to my e-mail the next day and I got a working one within 3 days.