MBA 13" ultimate connect to Dell U2711

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by CatKingK, Feb 2, 2011.

1. macrumors newbie

Oct 30, 2010

I recently connect my MBA to Dell U2711 by a mini display port to DVI-D adaptor in order to have more working space for editing photo on Aperture 3. I find the color on my MBA is quite a lot different than in the Dell U2711. Do I have to do something on the MBA or Dell U2711 so that both display can have almost same color.

Another question is how high resolution I can get to connect to a 27" or 30" external monitor because the highest I could get was somewhat 1960x1200 (I forget the exact number)

Thanks for your expert advice
  2. rw3
    macrumors 6502a

May 13, 2008
    DFW, TX
  3. thread starter macrumors newbie

Oct 30, 2010
  4. macrumors newbie

Nov 6, 2010
    I have the same setup. Remember the U2711 is a wide gamut display. You need to calibrate it. I bought the spyder 3 express just for the puck and downloaded ColorEyes Display Pro trial to calibrate the displays, including my MBA.
  5. macrumors newbie

Jun 3, 2010
    i think you will find it hard to make it match exactly, i dont think the mba has an IPS screen that the dell has. Also, the dell comes pre-calibrated from the factory and the mba does not. your best bet would to do what ja12ke suggests and get a hardware calibrator to get it as close as possible.
  6. thread starter macrumors newbie

Oct 30, 2010
    Thanks guys, I have an i1Display 2 and will do the calibration to see how it will go.