Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fibrizo

macrumors 6502
Jan 23, 2009
However, if I get the 13, why not just wait and look at the MBP refresh.

Anyone else struggling with this? I'm not buying anything till I resolve this.
Advice, comments or jabs welcome...

Well. I can't critisize really.

I own a desktop (self built core i5), Macbook pro 2010 13 inch, Macbook air 11.6 inch 1.6ghz, 4gb 128gb and an ipad.

I find myself... using the desktop at home, ipad to read on in bed an macbook air as a portable at work. My macbook pro sits there and is sad. All I ever do with it is sync my iphone on itunes with it for the library. The smaller size of the 11.6 really lends itself to being portable if you can deal with the screen size. The resolution is same as my macbook pro really, and the full size keyboard is great along with the 75% size touch pad.

Obviously you can see where my vote is going. My 11.6 even with 1.6ghz feels alot peppier than my 2.4ghz macbook pro. The ipad, while great for reading, doesn't really do the computer tasks I would like to do like the air does.

Scottsdale

Suspended
Sep 19, 2008
U.S.A.
The big thing you're not factoring in is the 13" display's resolution is amazing. In addition, it has all of the needs of a Mac notebook for years to come. The 11" MBA is stuck at 1.4 GHz which is slow, has a tiny display and ugly bezel, no SD card, slower everything, and really is just a smaller version of the 13."

I am definitely NOT saying that the 11" MBA is like your iPad, but since you love your iPad, I wonder why you would want or even consider an 11" MBA? The 13" MBA is everything and more you could want... end of story.

Unless you plan to dump your iPad, I would get the 13" MBA. I know people will be upset, but you already have a Mac Pro for horsepower, iPad for extreme portability, and you're missing an on the go capable Mac.

macuserjhs

macrumors regular
Nov 4, 2010
I went with the 13" but I use it as my main computer, you have a mac pro and an ipad, i would say go with the 11".

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.