Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ipodtouchy333

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 15, 2007
US
Hi, Im new to macs and thinking about buying a macbook air. I do have a Dell PC so it would be my secondary computer. Anyways I am wondering how I could transfer my iTunes over to my new air. Also, I have a Linksys A+G router, would that work ok with my air. All help is appreciated. THANKS!

TEG

macrumors 604
Jan 21, 2002
Langley, Washington
Yes, and yes. Just copy the library over the network (or on another drive) put it in your Music folder, and point iTunes to it. Macs don't care who made the router (as they are mostly made by the same companies anyway), some people just prefer the AirPort hardware.

You will also be able to use the Dell for remote disc so you can install software.

TEG

Detlev_73

macrumors 6502
Jul 20, 2004
Roswell, GA
Hi, Im new to macs and thinking about buying a macbook air. I do have a Dell PC so it would be my secondary computer. Anyways I am wondering how I could transfer my iTunes over to my new air. Also, I have a Linksys A+G router, would that work ok with my air. All help is appreciated. THANKS!

The fastest and most efficient way is probably going to be if you already have a backup mechanism going through an external USB hard-drive, and you can just copy the iTunes Library over to the Macbook Air.

Will you be using the MBA as your only computer? Remember the 80 GB limitation. I've had my MBA for two days already, and it is VERY sexy. Everyone at work drooled over it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.