MBA Built in Camera Isight Poor Quality

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Garemz, Feb 9, 2008.

1. macrumors regular

In Photo Booth the picture looks fuzzy and grainy

I took the picture using the MBA the dimensions are 640x480 and the file size is 72kb

Can someone take a picture with a MBP to compare

Cheers
    Gary

2. macrumors 6502a

it varies i can get really bad if your under low light
    try going outside or somewhere where there bright lights

the isight is not high def or anywhere close

it's like a cellphone camera pretty much

3. macrumors 603

NC MacGuy

Thank God for small favors. I can video conf. and it won't show I haven't shaved in two days! Low res. it is.

4. macrumors 603

HLdan

You are so right. I do a lot of videos using iMovie with the iSight and I can go for a few days without a shave and I still look clean shaven. Nice plus for a low res cam.:D

5. macrumors 6502

I use video iChat quite a bit, usually via an old iSight camera mounted on top of my 30" Apple cinema Display. Excited about the built in camera on my new MBA, I tried it the very first day I had it. I don't know about PhotoBooth, but for iChat this camera is head and shoulders better than my old iSight. The people I chat with noticed it right away.

6. macrumors member

instant hit

as like many others behind me that have played around with photobooth on day 1 of receiving their new pieces of kit, i was taken aback by the quality as well.

but then again, if you're in a jam, you'll be happy to know your isight camera was waiting for you for the longest time. :p