MBA Built in Camera Isight Poor Quality

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Garemz, Feb 9, 2008.

1. macrumors regular

Feb 7, 2008
    Edmonton Alberta Canada
    In Photo Booth the picture looks fuzzy and grainy

I took the picture using the MBA the dimensions are 640x480 and the file size is 72kb

Can someone take a picture with a MBP to compare

2. macrumors 6502a

Aug 8, 2006
    it varies i can get really bad if your under low light
    try going outside or somewhere where there bright lights

the isight is not high def or anywhere close

it's like a cellphone camera pretty much
  3. macrumors 603

NC MacGuy

Feb 9, 2005
    The good side of the grass.
    Thank God for small favors. I can video conf. and it won't show I haven't shaved in two days! Low res. it is.
  4. macrumors 603

Aug 22, 2007
    You are so right. I do a lot of videos using iMovie with the iSight and I can go for a few days without a shave and I still look clean shaven. Nice plus for a low res cam.:D
  5. macrumors 6502

Sep 11, 2006
    I use video iChat quite a bit, usually via an old iSight camera mounted on top of my 30" Apple cinema Display. Excited about the built in camera on my new MBA, I tried it the very first day I had it. I don't know about PhotoBooth, but for iChat this camera is head and shoulders better than my old iSight. The people I chat with noticed it right away.
  6. macrumors member

instant hit

Jan 26, 2008
    as like many others behind me that have played around with photobooth on day 1 of receiving their new pieces of kit, i was taken aback by the quality as well.

but then again, if you're in a jam, you'll be happy to know your isight camera was waiting for you for the longest time. :p